“Hidden Side Street Gem!”
Review of Kelley's Courtyard Cafe - CLOSED

Kelley's Courtyard Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Kelley's is located on a side street off of Main. My husband and I ate in the courtyard patio that is surrounded by lots of green plants and bushes. There is a small interior area as well where you can dine. The menu is filled with lots of organic wraps and meals in unique combinations containing fruits, salads and lean meats. The portions are large and well priced.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Sat outside in the very cozy, comfortable courtyard and had a tremendous meal, starting with tasty fried green tomatoes followed by the tortilla crusted mahi mahi, which melted in my mouth. Best mahi mahi I've ever had. Price extremely reasonable and the service could not have been friendlier or more helpful. I ate at some very nice places in Amelia Island but Kelley's Courtyard Café was the place I wanted to come back to - on the same trip!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a nice spot close to where we stayed for an afternoon lunch while walking around the area. Wanted to try the Daily soup, but was told it had already sold out. Was then disappointed when I wasn't offered the Daily Special either which did sound great when I overheard it offered to another table. Opted for a salad since it was warm out. Hubby had a sandwich. Prices were reasonable, and food was as good as anywhere I'd lunch at while at home...will try it again next time we are in town, and hope to get a little more impressed.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Terrific food. Just get Granny Mutt's Blueberry Square (and don't split one, you'll regret not getting your own). I would return just for that. The sandwiches and salads are refreshing and very tasty. The people there are the nicest. You will love it.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Kelley's served me the best fried shrimp I've ever had. My girlfriend and I stumbled across Kelley's last Saturday night while wandering around downtown. We were seated outside in a leafy courtyard that felt nicely secluded and intimate. I ordered the fried-shrimp-and-oyster platter, and my girlfriend had the shrimp po'boy. We were both blown away by the taste and quality of the shrimp----lightly battered, huge and fresh. According to our extremely pleasant and informative waitress, Kelley's only serves shrimp caught by local shrimpers----never frozen. I've vacationed in Fernandina for more than 30 years, and every time I'm here I always eat a boatload of fried shrimp. Kelley's are the best I've ever had.