“Delicious Shrimp Dinner”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We are in a delicious rut. Every time we eat here we always order the Walnut glazed shrimp. It has a completely different and delicious taste than any other shrimp recipe I have ever had and shrimp is one of my favorite entrees. Very clean, very friendly and good prices.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We thought the food was just okay, but the ambiance was delightful.

We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and seated in a booth. It was a Monday night so we assumed that was why business was slow. There were two other parties of two in the restaurant. The decor and music were very pleasant. A bowl of crispy wonton's were placed on the table with our menu. There was a special menu with about 8-10 entrees priced at $10. Each entree included rice and your choice of salad or soup. An elegant menu contained a reasonably priced wine list and many other menu choices. It appears that almost all menu items come with rice and a soup/salad choice.

We ordered from the special menu - Thai Basil Chicken and Mongolian Chicken. We chose the Hot & Sour soup and brown rice. We were pleased to find that there was no up charge for brown rice. The soup was excellent - full of mushrooms and other delicious tid-bits. The flavor of the Mongolian Chicken was good, but there were some texture problems. The green onions were soggy-lettuce-like and the rice noodles were chewy. The Thai Basil Chicken had a very fresh taste. It was a bit mild, but that was our fault - we asked for it "American Hot" instead of "Thai Hot". If we ordered it again, we would probably just let the kitchen decide how hot to make it.

Our server brought us a plate of fruit with the check and a couple of fortune cookies. Overall, it was a good experience. We will probably eat here again.

1  Thank DLNonRev
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I am sure like most of us that review or or frequent Tripadvisor you have read the other reviews on Jade's Bistro. The reviews are generally good but I think a bit to critical at times. Amelia Island is a small but special place 2 miles wide and 13 miles long. We have lots of great restaurants which include a few very good Sushi spots, but if you want to eat what most of us think of as traditional Chinese take out food, there is no question that Jade's is the best on the Island.

The food is good and the value is great. The space is very nice with a central bar, booths and tables. As far as these things go, the space is very acceptable and the wait staff efficient. The value is excellent with their special prices for dinner and lunch.

We are infrequent visitors to Jade's, but it is always good and you will not be disappointed. We ate the there on Christmas Eve and it was very busy with in house dining and take out. The food was very good. I had the Peking Duck which was a large portion, crispy and cooked to perfection. The soups were good and hot as well. My wife had the sizzling fish which was nothing short of amazing as it was served on a large sizzling iron platter on wood base. She ordered a veggie dish as well that was steamed to perfection. Is there better Asian food elsewhere: probably. On Amelia Island: Not really!

So, if you want Asian food on the Island in a pleasant restaurant, don't hesitate to dine at Jade's Bistro. It is located in the upscale strip center on Sadler/8th Street at the opposite end from Starbucks and next door to Fancy Sushi.

1  Thank HighTimbers
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were on our way to check into our hotel and looked on the gps for Chinese restaurants. We came across Jade's and was very satisfied. The presentation was wonderful. The quality of the food and the price was very pleasing. I had the teriyaki chicken and it was very delicately flavored. Mine came salad. I didn't care for the salad dressing, but that was a personal preference thing. My husband had cashew chicken and it was very good as well. He ordered the wonton soup with his meal and we both had spring rolls included. Our entrees were each $6.95. I couldn't believe the quality of the food for the price. I would highly recommend Jade's.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

don't know why they call it a bistro ---this place is nothing more than a step up from a chinese take out--they fuse different asian cuisines together that's all---to me the food was no different that if I ordered from the Chinese take out up the road---it's just that we sat down and ate it there--had the plum wine--nice---the atmosphere was spacious --almost too big