“Lacks fun and taste”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Patty Cakes Bakery
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I will preface this by saying that everything in Fernandina Beach seemed overpriced and quite snobby which put a general damper on my daytrip there. I was hopeful that Patty Cakes would redeem things when I saw the stunning array of cupcakes in the showcases. But, the person who appeared to be the person in charge simply nodded to a younger employee when I asked him about flavors. She spilled out a confusing run-down and seemed bothered by my subsequent questions. Eventually the person in charge stepped back in to help. I settled on a cappuccino cupcake because it had filling. To my disappointment, the filling was just the same, tasteless frosting that was on top of the dry cupcake. Cupcakes are supposed to be fun and delicious - a little more effort on both accounts would serve Patty Cakes well!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The young lady who waited on us today seemed bothered by our presence. She didn't greet us, nor did she thank us for our business. To me, this is unacceptable customer service, especially in such a tiny establishment; we were the only customers. The cupcakes are beautiful, but we found they didn't taste as good as they looked. We bought four items: a red velvet cupcake, a pink lemonade cupcake, a peanut butter cup cupcake, and an eclair. The red velvet cupcake was moist and tasty, but the icing was a greasy disappointment. It had the texture of marshmallow fluff and left the after-feeling of a mouthful of Crisco. The pink lemonade cupcake was dry, less flavorful than a box-made cake, but the icing was more tasty. It didn't have the zing of flavor one might expect from pink lemonade, unfortunately. The eclair was deemed "all right," though the pastry was dry and the filling wasn't the traditional custard creme; rather, it had more of a mocha taste. We haven't yet eaten the peanut butter cup cupcake. It looks good, but really, none of us are dying to try it. We should have gone to Publix. Their cupcakes are better and less expensive, and their customer service is always excellent.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Our family of four bought 4 cupcakes (all different) and 3 drinks for $20 plus dollars. For that kind of money and based on the reviews here, we thought we were in for a treat. Sadly we were all disappointed. Maybe we caught them on an off day, but none of the cupcakes tasted fresh, it was as if they had been made a couple of days before. I really wanted to love this place, but to us it was a miss.

1  Thank belleofga
Reviewed 20 April 2012

It took a few minutes for me to decide what to get because everything look delightful. I decided on an OREO cupcake. This cupcake was so moist and had such a wonderful flavor I could have eaten many more. What a scrumptious bakery. YUMMY.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Imagine a cupcake frosted with chocolate chip cookie dough! This was one of the options when we went to Patty Cakes this week. There were probably a dozen kinds of cupcakes with imaginative flavors. Choosing which one to have is the hardest part and we wanted to bring some home, but it is hard to bring cupcakes on the plane, so we will just have to go back again soon.