“A Nice Restaurant” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of LuLu's at The Thompson House

LuLu's at The Thompson House
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: New owners/chef as of Summer 2010. Chef, Brian Grimley. Fantastic food, intimate location, menu changes weekly.
Maitland, Florida
“A Nice Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stopped in for lunch. Friendly and helpful staff.

We had a fish poboy and a shrimp poboy. The fish and shrimp were good. The shrimp especially had a see through breading on it. The bread wasn't bad but could have been better.

The thing that was awesome was the grain mustard potato salad. I'm glad they gave us a small side portion beacause I would have eaten everything they dished out.

We'll be back. It is a cozy spot, nice staff and I sense some talent in the kitchen way beyond what we sampled so far.

Cartersville, Georgia
“great local spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

excellent food, great service and a must do place while at Amelia Island. LuLu's has become one of my favorite restaurants on the Island. I make a point to visit for lunch at least once while on the island

Visited June 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“The feel is casual, but the food is serious good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was Pirate Fest in San Fernandino and it gets crowded and loud. Fortunately we had made reservations at LuLu's. It was just a block from our B&B (The Addison) so we got to see some of the parade.

I have to admit that LuLu's doesn't look handsome but it has a local charm, and it has outdoor seating, which we always try to enjoy when available. And we got more local flavor talking with the next table.

Service was friendly and helpful, though not always knowledgeable. It seemed like the chef doesn't always inform the servers about that night's dinner.

The food was very good. My wife had the charcuterie plate (see pic) which included a pate and various meats such as capicola and soppressata, and I had the shrimp and grits (see other pic). She enjoyed her plate and I really enjoyed mine. Hard to beat fresh shrimp and grits, especially in the South.

• Visited April 2014
Brunswick, Georgia
“Another Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I hadn't been to Lulu's in two years, and my boyfriend hadn't ever been. We ordered the Charcuterie for one which was amazing. We are both from the NYC Area, and miss being able to get great salami, mortadella, etc. It was delicious! The bread was toasted just enough so as not to be soggy or overly crunchy. Olives were very good too. I had the shrimp and grits again and was not disappointed. Lulu's has the best shrimp and grits I have ever eaten. My boyfriend had a cuban sandwich which he said was fabulous. For dessert we had the key lime pie and blueberry cobbler both of which were homemade and to die for! If licking the plates were polite i would have. Our waitress was so sweet and kept our glasses refilled without ever having to be asked. We went to Lulu's this past Saturday (two days ago) and my boyfriend has already remarked at least a half dozen times how much he enjoyed our meal. And he rarely does that. Definitely will be back before another 2 years go by. Make sure if you go, say hi to Miss Melanie, she's a doll.

Amelia Island, Florida
“Another fabulous dinner spent at Lulu's..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I have been coming to Lulu's for several years now. We use to live in Jacksonville and would drive up to have dinner here, now we are residents. We started our meal with a bowl of steamed mussels in a Thai green curry broth that was really wonderful. I ordered the roasted Red Snapper that was served in a portuguese style sauce with tomatoes, capers, white wine, and olives on a bed of grilled polenta, this dish is heavenly.. My husband had the Ahi Tuna Bowl which the tuna was seared perfectly and the noodles and seaweed salad were simply sublime. We have both traveled all over the world and can truly say that Lulu's is one of our very favorite places to dine ~ we always have a delicious and memorable time here..