All reviews bar next door mermaid bar the green turtle bridal suite breakfast was delicious front porch amelia island within walking distance historic district other guests overlooking the courtyard jacuzzi tub both mornings chain hotel room key get away location is excellent
Reviewed 25 October 2013

All I can say is that I'm surprised this place is still open. There is never anyone at the place to help you, the food taste like something my 5 year old could conjure up, and the people there are just horrible. There was an employee there who would not stop flirting with my wife, even when I was around. I'm not sure how someone like that is allowed to work there. So if you're in town you're better off staying at a motel then this place.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank chaoticdreamer1
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just back from a recent stay at the Florida House Inn. If I had to say this inn surpasses all others in one particular way, it is location. It is perfectly located in the very center of town. We walked everywhere! We arrived on a Sat for a 3 night stay and our first night was spent in Room 12 due to a large party at the Inn. It is one of the smaller rooms at the Inn but we do not require profound amounts of space so it was fine with us. The rooms are furnished with lovely antiques and are very clean. We moved to room 10 the following day for the remainder of our stay. This room is enormous and has a two person jacuzzi. Bath salts were provided by the hotel (nice touch) although we had prepared ahead in that department. Breakfast is served every morning and was truly delicious. I know we were in Florida but I can't say enough about the fresh orange juice! Amazing! The front porch and gardens were so peaceful in the evenings to just sit and relax in. The Green Turtle Tavern is next door and owned by the Inn. It was truly THE place to be every night that we were there. They offer live music until 10pm so if that bothers you, I would recommend a room on the other side of the inn. We found it to be very nice. Jeff, the bar manager, is such a warm and friendly person! The Mermaid Bar inside the inn offers a complimentary beverage each night during your stay. They have a signature drink, the Mermaid Slap, which was delightful! The pictures on the website really, in my opinion, did not do the inn justice. It is very quaint and beautiful. Gives you the feeling that time has been turned back and you are staying in an inn from long ago, but with all the modern amenities we all love for comfort. The staff was amazingly warm and always offering a smile and a hope that your stay was going well. We would definitely stay there again and hope to in the future!

Room Tip: Room 10 is incredible!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, 10/11/13 - 10/13/13, to celebrate our 16th anniversary. The Florida House Inn was our first B&B and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The accommodations were beautiful and very clean and the staff was absolutely WONDERFUL! Breakfast was delicious, and we tried their fried chicken and coleslaw for lunch and it to was amazing! We hope to stay here again soon!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We recently visited Florida House Inn for a 2 night stay to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. We were EXTREMELY pleased with the stay and would highly recommend this B&B as a definite must. The house was recently refurbished in 2012 and everything there was incredibly clean. The breakfasts that were served were amazing and the staff is VERY friendly. Can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: So many to choose from!!! We were in Room #16 at the end of the hall and it sleeps GREAT!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

On the spur of the moment my girlfriend and I decided to stay in Fernandina Beach before visiting Cumberland Island. We were checked in by Marshall, the chef for the B & B and shown to our room of two twin beds and a private bath. The room was small but quaint, clean and quite adequate for a one night stay. Next door to the B & B is the Green Turtle, a small indoor /outdoor bar with live music. Wonderful accompaniment to the Inn.
We were to leave in the morning before Marshall prepared breakfast but he offered to come in a little earlier than normal and cook us breakfast before we left. We took him up on the offer and were surprised with a wonderful breakfast of garden vegetable scrambled eggs and his company.
I highly recommend the Florida House Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends