All reviewsmermaid barthe green turtlebridal suitebreakfast was deliciousfront porchamelia islandwithin walking distancehistoric districtother guestsoverlooking the courtyardjacuzzi tubboth morningschain hotelroom keyget awaylocation is excellentb and b
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The breakfast was great, the staff friendly and helpful, and the grounds charming. The location was excellent in terms of wandering around town, but it was not near a swimming beach. HOWEVER, the room was absurdly small and the beds were too soft. There was no dresser, iron, or hair dryer, and only the minimum number of towels. We unpacked our clothes and returned our suitcases to the car to enable us to walk around the room. The inn is about a century old and this room had been subdivided so that there is now a bathroom. However, the bed was longer than the wall separating the bedroom from the bathroom, so that the only way they could put a door it was to have in slide inside the dividing wall. The 2nd night, we came back from the beach, hoping to take a shower. No hot water. It was after hours and no one was around so we called the after-hours phone number. The message box was not taking messages. I remembered the bartender saying that the bar next door was somehow connected with the inn, so I went next door to see if someone could contact the owners. They did. The cook for the excellent breakfast came over in 15 minutes. And 15 minutes after that we had hot water. I will not go back here again, but I would recommend the staff.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
2  Thank 551melm
Reviewed 25 October 2013

All I can say is that I'm surprised this place is still open. There is never anyone at the place to help you, the food taste like something my 5 year old could conjure up, and the people there are just horrible. There was an employee there who would not stop flirting with my wife, even when I was around. I'm not sure how someone like that is allowed to work there. So if you're in town you're better off staying at a motel then this place.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank chaoticdreamer1
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Just back from a recent stay at the Florida House Inn. If I had to say this inn surpasses all others in one particular way, it is location. It is perfectly located in the very center of town. We walked everywhere! We arrived on a Sat for a 3 night stay and our first night was spent in Room 12 due to a large party at the Inn. It is one of the smaller rooms at the Inn but we do not require profound amounts of space so it was fine with us. The rooms are furnished with lovely antiques and are very clean. We moved to room 10 the following day for the remainder of our stay. This room is enormous and has a two person jacuzzi. Bath salts were provided by the hotel (nice touch) although we had prepared ahead in that department. Breakfast is served every morning and was truly delicious. I know we were in Florida but I can't say enough about the fresh orange juice! Amazing! The front porch and gardens were so peaceful in the evenings to just sit and relax in. The Green Turtle Tavern is next door and owned by the Inn. It was truly THE place to be every night that we were there. They offer live music until 10pm so if that bothers you, I would recommend a room on the other side of the inn. We found it to be very nice. Jeff, the bar manager, is such a warm and friendly person! The Mermaid Bar inside the inn offers a complimentary beverage each night during your stay. They have a signature drink, the Mermaid Slap, which was delightful! The pictures on the website really, in my opinion, did not do the inn justice. It is very quaint and beautiful. Gives you the feeling that time has been turned back and you are staying in an inn from long ago, but with all the modern amenities we all love for comfort. The staff was amazingly warm and always offering a smile and a hope that your stay was going well. We would definitely stay there again and hope to in the future!

Room Tip: Room 10 is incredible!
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights, 10/11/13 - 10/13/13, to celebrate our 16th anniversary. The Florida House Inn was our first B&B and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. The accommodations were beautiful and very clean and the staff was absolutely WONDERFUL! Breakfast was delicious, and we tried their fried chicken and coleslaw for lunch and it to was amazing! We hope to stay here again soon!!!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We recently visited Florida House Inn for a 2 night stay to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. We were EXTREMELY pleased with the stay and would highly recommend this B&B as a definite must. The house was recently refurbished in 2012 and everything there was incredibly clean. The breakfasts that were served were amazing and the staff is VERY friendly. Can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: So many to choose from!!! We were in Room #16 at the end of the hall and it sleeps GREAT!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple