All reviews bar next door mermaid bar the green turtle bridal suite amelia island front porch within walking distance historic district other guests whirlpool tub both mornings chain hotel room key get away location is excellent b and b hot breakfast
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I got married here this weekend, and all I can say is, wow. I never write reviews about places, but I feel the inn needed to be thanked. I have never met a friendlier staff in my life. The food was amazing. The people were amazing. It was a beautiful location. The bed and breakfast is so charming and quaint, it's intimate and beautiful. We booked the inn for the weekend so our family and friends could stay with us and enjoy the island. Best decision of my life. This place is incredible and I want to come back every year!!!!!! Love you Ben, Emily, Marshall, the jens,and Silvia. I made memories to last a lifetime, god bless!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Pachabelscannon
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We went for a quick birthday weekend. This B&B was like staying at your grandmothers house. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. The breakfast was delicious and you had options. The location couldn't be better, walk out the front door and one house over is a bar with live music (and the most popular night time hang out) We were in room #1. Great room, at the end on the hall next to the balcony with rocking chairs. Such a beautiful place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were looking for a "stop-over" on our way north, had never been to Amelia Island and stumbled onto the Florida House Inn....what a treasure!!!! The rooms are quirky and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location ideal. The courtyard is private, and has an amazing fountain with a mermaid statue. Our room was number 13 (not unlucky at all!) and had a huge king bed, the bath was large and fully equipped. Breakfast was delicious, and served around big tables with space for conversations and good cheer. The Inn's location in the historic district made it very convenient for exploring and trying out all the wonderful restaurants. Will return!

Room Tip: View the rooms on line. Some rooms face a tavern, which can be lively....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We loved this B and B. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The she crab soup and warm goat cheese salad at lunch was wonderful. We were in room 15 that had a log cabin theme and the king sized bed was very comfy. The 2person jacuzzi tub did not have much jet power, though. This place was within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. Breakfasts were from 8:30-9:30 and we met some nice, friendly people. You get a free glass of beer or wine a day and the cosy bar was great with a Bostonian woman as bartender. She was great.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect but it was a high priced room. We don't know about the others.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The Florida House Inn takes you back to yesteryear as it is a quaint inn with a beautiful courtyard with neat mermaid fountain, restaurant and the Mermaid Bar is fantastic.

I only saw three rooms but they were nicely done with antique beds and fire places with some newer themed rooms in the tree wing. Our room was small with nice queen size bed and fantastic bathroom that looked like it was recently remodeled with jacuzzi tub and tile shower. My wife stated she did miss the cotton balls and q tips most places were providing now but otherwise thought it met needs.

The breakfast was nice with fresh squeezed orange juice and pumpkin bread followed by two choices which was a breakfast casserole or pancakes with fruit and bacon. Good.

They have a parking lot at the back of the building and you get to your car from the courtyard side of the end.

Entertainment is right next door at the Green Turtle Inn as they played live music and served cold beer. They were open until 11 pm and was a great time right by the inn. If that is an issue, get a room on opposite side of inn. I personally enjoyed it.

Finally, the location is awesome being in the middle of the quaint downtown area with all of the neat shops and wonderful restaurants. Enjoy the Florida House Inn!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple