I was very disappointed in this hotel. They had not pay attention to details and did not stay true to the historic character. The room was so small could not hardly move and getting up to use the bathroom was risky indeed. Should have asked for a different room but failed to do that. Their beautiful dinning facilities were only for special parties and not for patrons that spent the night. We did not stay for the breakfast as it was being served late and we needed to head back to the airport. The little town looked interesting but it rained the whole time we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach