We stayed here July 5, 2014, and for a B&B it is just OK. The Inn is full of antiques with a neat porch and next to an outside bar with nice music. Noise was not an issue. Do not stay here if you want to feel like you want to get to know the innkeepers or feel like you are staying in their home. Very impersonal. The breakfast consisted of a delicious bread pudding, scrambled eggs, and coarse ground grits that needed to cook for another 45 minutes! They were almost raw and when we told the waitress, she just smiled and said she'd tell the cook! Very disappointing! Great potential here, but next time I'll just stay at the Hampton Inn on the next street over!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach