“Wonderful Stay!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We were at a conference during Memorial weekend. We stayed on the club level which was great as it also included a reserved area on the beach during the Memorial Weekend. Our room was very nice as was the service. It definitely is worth staying on the club level as the food and beverages were always available with something new. The staff was so helpful and went out of their way to help and also make suggestions for dinner or excursions. We also had a couples massage, in the spa which was excellent. The pool area was very nice too. We had such a wonderful time that we cannot wait to come back hopefully next year!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank trishh1
Write a ReviewReviews (2,414)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had about 30 family members come to the Ritz-Carlton- Amelia Island in July. We had a grand time. The beach is great, we took a side trip to Cumberland Island to see the wild horses and enjoyed the Amelia in true Ritz style

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jay B
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 8 or so years and always have an amazing guest experience due to the staff. This trip was no exception. From the moment you arrive the Ritz experience is evident in every exchange with their staff. I would give the top review but I feel the hotel is starting to show some age. I felt bored with the hotel and left wanting more from the property. Its not something that can be put into words just a feeling. I have stayed at all of the Ritz Carltons in Florida and this is the first time I left not wanting to come back immediately. I will be back but would like to see some changes to give the property more life.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights. This hotel is wonderful. All of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurants are great as is the spa. We were undecided between the Ritz and the Omni down the street, and the Ritz is hands down the better more luxurious hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bcw7777
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Well, I guess the ultimate compliment is to return for a 3rd stay in 12 months. We are a family of 5, 3 children under the age of 6. The Ritz Carlton Amelia continues to provide an incredible experience at all levels. The people make the difference! The rooms are clean, modern, well-appointed, the food and drinks are fantastic, overall, our stays could not be better. It goes without saying we'll be back for a 4th stay soon!

Room Tip: Pirate, Princess tuck-in is a must for young ones.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CLTBusFamTravel
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I stayed at this property in September 2013. We ate at the Cafe for dinner, and the server seemed uneducated. I had asked for water no ice, and repeatedly he brought me water with ice, causing me to have a scratched throat throughout the trip. We are vegetarians, and the server seemed uninformed and didn't offer suggestions. We have traveled extensively, and I felt that the server was racist because we were a minority and the service given was different and not informative. The burger he served us had meat flavor of chicken on it. We didn't eat the burger and asked if it could be removed from check because it had meat on it. I specifically said we were vegetarian. Second day was better, I highly recommend going to the restaurant Salt and Ocean Bar outside as well. GREAT service and GREAT FOOD at SALT and OCEAN BAR. Servers seem informed and pleasant.

Coming back to the room that evening, I had found a empty water bottle between my bed and nightstand (which was visible). I freaked out, that there was something inside. We called housekeeping. They had informed us that it was a shell and a baby's hair bow. Disgusting to find the room dirty when this is the Ritz. Needless to stay, I do not think we will be coming back to this property.

If you want a vacation in Florida-check out Destin, Clearwater, Tampa, Orlando, West Palm, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale. Near Amelia Island-Savannah is nice too.

Room Tip: If you want a cold room, stay on the 8th floor, but I dont know if they keep it clean. We had a emp...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Kruti G
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. It was our first stay here but it will not be our last. Luckily we live only 3 hours away :)
We were warmly greeted at check in by Maggie, who was so incredibly friendly. They knew it was our anniversary and congratulated us with champagne. My husband is platinum Marriott and they were well versed in the perks he received like complimentary wifi.
We booked thru Amex Platinum Travel so breakfast was included (delighted to hear we could order room service) and a late check out, which we used. We were fortunate to be able to pay the extra to upgrade to the club level upon arrival, which is not a given. It's based on availability. We booked an oceanfront suite in the south tower to have unfettered views of the ocean. It was awesome to hear the ocean waves and it was pure bliss from our room and balcony. We were on the 5th floor. We could see the sunrise each morning and never heard a peep from another guest from our room for our entire stay.
Our room was spacious and comfortable. The furnishings were very tasteful and well designed.
The first morning we ordered room service for breakfast and it arrived within seconds of its appointed time. Everything was accurate, the food tasted great. We ordered coffee the next morning and it too arrived on time.
The club level was something we LOVED, although when we were first booking we did not think we would take advantage of it. The club is terrific. There are always very helpful concierges there to help you out with anything. Or just to chat. There are 3 private balconies at the club level where you can eat and/ or drink with a view of the water and the sounds of the ocean. The breakfasts were varied but always included an egg dish, bacon or sausage, potatoes, etc. Plus bagels, toasts, danish, pastries, etc..... It was abundant. Plus champagne! :)
They always have bottled waters, sodas, wines (a very good pinot noir) set out, and if you want beers, or drinks, they will whip it up for you no problem.
They have substantial lunches as well as snacks, and hors d'oeuvres before dinner.
We would while away the hours eating and drinking in the lounge, which always had great music.
Chase in the lounge was truly dynamite as was Brian, Dorothy, Jonathan, and Amber, who drove us downtown herself when our pre-arranged driver had a last-minute conflict!!! I am sure I am forgetting someone but they are all amazingly helpful. It was very nice. I would definitely recommend club lounge!
We dined at Salt, which I will review separately, but it was truly divine. They have a special table where you can eat in the kitchen and meet with the chefs and we somehow did not know about it and did not book ahead of time and missed out. :( So if you are interested book it right away!
I took a surf lesson from the affiliated RipTide Water sports and they bent over backwards to accommodate our hectic schedule and they took us 20 minutes by car to a better location for surfing. It was definitely a highlight for me .
We played golf at the affiliated course, which was in terrific shape and played great.
There was a conference and a couple of weddings at the property which did throw a few wrenches into our plans but nothing that detracted terribly from our trip.
Club level gives you free access to the spa pool which is very nice and adults only. They have service for food and drinks there and you can still hear the music from the other pool area so it's the best of both worlds.
The indoor pool is open to all guests.
We went to the Salt store demonstration and that was very interesting.
The staff were all very polite, nice, and accommodating. The service was great without being stuffy.
I encourage you to plan in advance to make sure you can work your plans around a group. For example, a group from a famous company was there and they booked Salt for one entire evening, and they took the golf course Saturday morning. So if you have your heart set on anything just book in advance. The spa was also very busy.
It is a $20 ride into downtown Fernandina Beach, which we thought was worth it to be able to drink and not worry about getting back to the property. The hotel was splendid in making our transportation arrangements. We hit all the usual suspects downtown as recommended by the local staff and had such a great time.
Everything we ate at the hotel was delicious. The service was great.
The hotel staff will do whatever they can to make you happy.
Yes, it's not cheap. But the grounds are gorgeous, the service is impeccable, the experience is lasting, and it's on the water.
I suggest booking club level. It includes food, drinks, internet, awesome service, a great view. It is truly a unique experience.
The bed, sheets, and pillows were so comfortable I intend to buy the whole works to recreate this experience at home.
Everywhere we we went the staff all knew it was our anniversary and they would wish us congratulations. Everyone greeted us by name. They were just awesome.

Room Tip: Get club level.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!