We were so excited about our stay at the ritz at Amelia island but other than the location being beautiful the whole experience was a let down. The rooms at $600/ night were totally overpriced!
We reached at 6pm on the Friday for our check in only to be told that our room wasn't ready and the room service was adding VIP touches to the room. When we got the room after a 20 min wait there were no VIP touches!! The room was not even properly cleaned, missed conditioner etc in the bathroom. The receptionist offered us room credit to buy a toy for my son at the toy shop while we waited but nothing was put in writing so the shop guys didn't know what we were talking about!
The servers at the 4750 breakfast areas were rude- we almost felt unwelcome there. The bagels were dry and the coffee cold.
I had booked a massage at the spa for my husband for Father's Day. It was part of the package we had bought. The spa it-self was great but they have him a massage and a facial saying it was part of the package and later added $200 on top of our regular package.
We were also underwhelmed by the maintenance of the property. The rooms seemed old and the lawns had big bare areas and did not seem well kept.
We also had a lunch at 4750 covered in the rejuvenate me package. I checked my credit statement to see that I was charged extra for that inspite of confirming with the reception at the time of checkout that it was part of the package!! I had to call them again only to be told that the account office was closed for the day. Now I'll have to call them again and waste time discussing something that should have been taken care of already.
Overall not the wonderful experience I had expected of Ritz at a beautiful island like Amelia island. The only saving grace for our trip was the beautiful sunrise we saw from our room.
Will not be recommending this property to anyone in the future!
We were very disappointed:(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in southern charm at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island. With miles of pristine beaches to explore, you’ll find yourself basking in the glow of the sun as you swim, relax or walk along the sandy shore. As one of the most popular beach destinations on the East Coast, this luxury hotel in Florida provides a welcome barrier between you and the world beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton - Amelia Island Hotel Amelia Island
- Ritz Carlton Amelia Island
- Ritz Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island Fernandina Beach