“Great hotel and Service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Little Mountain, South Carolina
“Great hotel and Service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights . I had a very nice ocean view room . They accommodated our every request. Was able to check in early and all the staff went overboard in friendliness . Always amazing how they remember your name. Great beach location. Great pool. Look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Be sure to get an ocean view or front room.
Green Features: Very pro active on protecting the dunes and turtles
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Morganjack2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a 3 day getaway. We have stayed in a lot of 5 star hotels, but this was by far one of the nicest. We were welcomed as soon as we stepped out of the car. We were checked in by Anna, the Front Desk Manager, who was so nice, gracious and professional. She upgraded our room for us without us even asking. This is one of the reasons we will return. Every staff member we encountered greeted us and was attentive to our needs. Our room was immaculate. The restaurants were wonderful and the food was outstanding. I cannot say enough about this hotel. Thank you for making our little getaway so special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn W
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at with my husband and children. Though we had a delayed check in, it was handled very professionally. Everyone was so accommodating and kind. Though the food is pricey as you would expect, the service and quality made it worth it. Definitely the best hotel food I've had--I feel bad even calling it hotel food as the fruit was very fresh and everything tasted home-made. There is a wonderful children's lounge right outside of the food area with video games and movies, so the kids were entertained during the painful waiting for food period. The beach had powder soft sand and great tidal pools that formed for my kids to find creatures. There is a great outside pool and an indoor pool if the weather is too hot or otherwise inclement. The only downside was that it was a way-station on our journey north and we only had a day here. Looking forward to coming back for a long weekend sometime soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dawn S
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Quality is awesome. Service is amazing. Club level is awesome its a little pricey however if your on a beach vacation you can just go to the club level and grab food that you pre-payed for anytime during the day if you stay on the club level which you have to pay extra for

Room Tip: you can adjust the temperature whenever you want
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Wheezy B
Houston, TX
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's a trek from the Jacksonville airport. About a 45 minute ride. Try the limo's. Much better ride and value. Front desk excellent. Public areas spotless as are the ho hum rooms. Nothing special there. My room overlooked the pool and outdoor patio roof. Great staff in both hotel and vendor areas.Limited vendors on site. Great maid service.

In house restaurants so so. Exception is the Salt restaurant.

Some of the guys played golf at the hotel course. Not overwhelmed with the course. Indicated club rental was first rate.

Beach was ok. Not sure what to expect in March.

Town tour interesting. Some went to San Augustine. Great road trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Texas George
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This is our second visit. Incredible. The beach is private so not terribly crowded. The pool area perfect. Eating is special in each serving area. The bar elegant
Did I forget the spa? That's because I was pampered and taken such good care of I went to sleep. Unusual for this busy mind!
Fireworks last night a total surprise. What a delight
Pricey but I feel ten years younger
I ll be back!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Smollyg
Barnesville, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I travel for work, and decided to use my points to spend a long weekend here with my husband. From the moment we turned in the drive I felt like I was in a place that was completely separate from the rest of the world. There is also a lovely floral smell throughout the building. I don't know how to explain it, but it is soothing and relaxing. Every person associated with the hotel was friendly and accommodating. There was no request too large or too small. We had a side view of the beach and ocean and directly overlooked a lovely courtyard. The food in the restaurants we visited on site was excellent. It is a pleasure to have someone address you by name when they ask what you'd like to drink, or to have the valet remember where you were going for dinner and ask you how you enjoyed it when you return. These are little things, but for those of us who travel a lot they are unbelievably important.

I have one negative. When we checked in there were stray hairs in the bathroom sinks. That is truly one of my pet peeves. I rinsed them out, but I wasn't happy about it.

All-in-all one of the best experiences I've ever had in a hotel/resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!