“Fantastic Service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Never had the kind of service I had here. I have stayed at a Ritz before but the people here are the best. Very attentive to your needs both on the beach and in the hotel. I had a stone massage and I believe it was the best ever. Expensive but worth it!

Room Tip: Concierge floor was wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank blueladdie
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Ritz at Amelia is a beautiful hotel and comes with the high level of service you expect from this brand. Everything is perfect, and if it is not, someone will quickly attempt to make it so. This one of my favorite coastal getaway places to relax for a weekend. I would go back every weekend if I could afford it !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ScooterG
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I have stayed in several RC properties, both international and domestic. I have to say that our stay at RC Amelia Island was extremely disappointing. We had scheduled a week-long stay and departed the sane day that we checked in due to numerous issues.
1. We are parents. We have teenagers. Apparently the patents who frequent this RC do not discipline their children as they run wild throughout the hotel. We even saw children unattended in the elevators and in the club room!!! On the lawn there were two boys destroying some of the beautiful plantings by taking sport by pulling them out of the ground and flinging the greenery over their shoulders!!!
2. The pool was overcrowded, dirty, and we could never find anyone to take our order for drinks, food, etc.
3. We stayed on the eighth floor and had concierge level access in the club room. Trash, empty glassware and food littered the floor as well as the tables and remained that way for half of the single day that we were there. I will say that Ryan was very nice and friendly. Very impressive young man!
4. Went for dinner at the Cafe at 5:30. When we walked into the restaurant, it was empty. The staff was staring at us and I asked if they were even open? She said yes and led us to a table. After perusing the menu, we decided that our party would be better suited for dinner that evening at the sports bar. We politely excused ourselves and the mgr and wait staff were incredibly rude. We had not had our drink orders even taken at that point!!!
5. Following a yummy dinner at the sports bar we went back upstairs to find the club room brimming with unaccompanied teenagers and other kids. At that point we realized that it was time to go home. It was not going to be the relaxing and restorative vacation that we ALL needed.
We were guests of the RC Amelia for eight long hours. Will never return to this property. Should've gone back to RC Cayman Island. Lesson learned!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank bucksmom99
Jon F, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Good evening,

Thank you for sharing the feedback from your stay. I was disappointed to learn of the any areas that lacked the service you have come to appreciate from The Ritz-Carlton. Please know I have shared this information with all the departments you mentioned, as well as the senior leaders that oversee these areas. We aim to provide exceptional experiences and have failed you on this visit.
I would love the opportunity to discuss this further if possible. I can be reached at 904-491-6717.
I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.
Warmly,

Jon

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was the first trip to this property for our family. It will not be the last. Our group included 6 adults and two children, ages 3 and 10. The rooms were of adequate size and thoroughly cleaned each day, with turn down service at night. Our rooms were X40 and X41, Y41, and Y42, all of which enjoyed direct ocean views. The staff at this hotel is amazing. Each staff member seems genuinely friendly and happy to be at work, as well as happy to assist the guests. The food at each establishment within the hotel was tasty, freshly prepared, and generous in portion size. There is ample space throughout the hotel to enjoy a quiet work or reading break, and the lobby bar / terrace is a great place to grab a drink. The "Ritz Kids" program makes this hotel extremely family friendly, with daytime and evening child care options, as well as numerous "child accompanied by a parent" activities throughout the day and evening, weekends included. We traveled at the end of June, and the hotel was FULL of families with children. We booked the first reservation of one evening at SALT, and took our children, without issue. We did not utilize the SPA, so I cannot comment on their services. Using YELP and guidance from the concierge, we were able to find some great restaurants on the island. The poolside restrooms could use a bit of an update, as they were dark and smelly, very basic, with no changing area for adults (baby changing station was available). Most beachfront resorts of this level which we have visited have included a very nice poolside locker facility, including lockers, changing areas, and showers with toiletries and hair dryers, in addition to the restroom facilities. The beach access for chairs is located on the center boardwalk. At that boardwalk, when you come off the beach, in order to get rid of the sand, you have wind your way down into the kiddie pool area to utilize their shower and spray faucet, which seems inconvenient. It would make more sense to add a shower and spray faucet at the boardwalk. Lastly, I was surprised that there was not an "adults only" outdoor pool available. There is a small pool located in the spa, for spa users. And there is a large indoor pool. But the main outdoor pool was full of families and and children, which I may not have enjoyed so much, had I not been traveling with children. I noticed that the kiddie pool did not get much use, and that the playground equipment had been removed. For the entire week, I may have observed one or two families using the kiddie pool. Perhaps this area would be better served to offer an "adults only" pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank loream
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Amelia Island is another Ritz without the right amenities. The same happened in Ritz Carlton Battery Park, NY. No slippers provided, not enough toiletries in the bathroom. The worst is to be charged for wifi. At that price should be free. Perfect location though.

Room Tip: Coastal view is from the side of the building. If you want a real coastal view you need to ask for A...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nora1954
Jon F, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good morning,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit. I was delighted to hear that you love our location! I was saddened to hear the quantity of toiletries did not meet your needs. We value all feedback as a way to improve our guest's experience. I have shared this with the senior leadership team and the department leaders to ensure we provide the experience that you have become to know us for.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.
Warmly,

Jon

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I read some of the reviews here, and was grateful that we did not share the experiences of some of the other guests. For example, yes, there were conferences going on while we were here, but the pool and restaurants did not seem overly crowded. The pool area seemed well maintained and very clean. What most impressed us were the servers and staff. They seemed truly friendly and really seemed to care that you were happy and taken care of during your stay. The beach is easy to get to and a wonderful place to walk during the mornings and evenings. Like other reviewers, I did not like the extra charges. Please, just charge me more for the room. I also didn't like that we had to use valet parking. To us, it was a hassle, especially if we just wanted to run out quickly for a small item. The sink in our room actually had a crack in it, and the frame around the mirror needed to be cleaned. The mattress was much to soft for our liking, but the room was otherwise lovely and we really enjoyed the balcony with the view of the ocean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

It's hard to be critical of an expensive place when it has amenities, service, a d the location of this resort. Beach, golf, great food and kids love it.
Yes, the rooms are not big, but beds are Comfy and bathrooms are spacious and impeccable. The views are to die for, the environment of the whole facility is amazing and the location is great.
If you want an inexpensive 3 day stay, I recommend you look elsewhere but, if you want to be treated nicely and pampered... This is THE PLACE.

• Stayed: July 2014
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!