“Home resort”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Savannah, Georgia
“Home resort”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This is the resort that is a couple hours away from our home and we love frequenting it! Service is amazing. We always go over the fourth and Labor Day weekend. They have an awesome club level and great club area of the beach during holiday weekends. The ritz kids program is amazing and our kids are always entertained. Salt, the restaurant on property, is absolutely amazing. Plenty to do with the kids at this amazing place. We love it.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Savananhblue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for FREE!!!!! for a conference. The price is high but the quality is so worth it.

The rooms are appointed with robes and balconies. I felt pampered from day one. The service s wonderful. They have little angels who appear and take away trash. I noticed a cup sitting on the rail when I went up to my room to grab a bag. Three minutes later it was gone. Now this was not a high traffic area.

I would definitely return.

Pro: great service, well appointed rooms, on the beach, several food options, kiddie camp year round,romantic atmosphere

Con: not for the budget conscious

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Elizabeth P
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here with my spouse and 2 young children for 4 nights. This hotel is beautiful and location is perfect being right on the beach. The staff are extremely accommodating and friendly. We ate at all the restaurants in the hotel and the food was amazing overall. First class hotel experience. I highly recommend this resort and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tinazina
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The saying you get what you pay for is true of the Ritz at Amelia Island! Well, actually not 100% true because I've paid more and gotten less. The Ritz lives up to it's name here and delivered a 5 star experience. We stayed for 3 nights on our way home from Sanibel, Florida. We rented two rooms because we brought our 3 children (13,12 and 5). We were not lacking things to do. The island itself is beautiful and I would highly recommend checking it out. The breakfast buffet was excellent and delivered every morning. You don't have to order off the buffet though, ordering an individual breakfast gives you plenty of food. During the day, the kids loved playing on the beach, in the pool or in the game room. There was plenty of space around the pool to find an umbrella and the staff was extremely helpful and alert. Always a plus! It rained some in the afternoon, but there was inside entertainment that the Ritz provided. They had a jazz band in the bar area and I saw young and old dancing even though it was storming outside. I would get up early in the morning and go running. They have beautiful running trails just right outside. I love the Ritz because I always feel catered to and well taken care of when I am there.

Room Tip: I think you can see the water from any room but the ones in the middle offer the best view. Otherw...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ann M
dundee, MI
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Hard to slight the quality of a Ritz resort. But a few things you should know. Great beach access, but very small pool and tough to get a chair with umbrella unless you get there early. Drinks are expensive, but they are not shy on the alcohol. The service is typical of Ritz brand. Top notch. They will bend over backwards if it will make you happy. Will definitely return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mwaggon
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I stay at the Ritz-Carlton at Amelia Island. My first stay was not the best (I arrived late and they had sold my reserved room...) but I have forgiven them that now. The staff are probably the friendliest I have encountered in any hotel to date. The rooms are good, even those that don't directly face the Atlantic Ocean (you still see plenty of it from your balcony). The place is very kid-friendly (we made late-night s'mores outside) and the pool area is great. The beach is excellent and so are the grounds around the hotel with good routes for jogging.

As expected, everything inside the resort is very pricey (the cheapest glass of red on the lovely patio was $14) and apart from the outstanding Salt restaurant (among the best meals I have had in recent memory), the food at the other restaurants is meh... That's OK if you have a rental car as Fernandina Beach has lots of good eateries.

Overall a very good experience and I bet I will return, likely more than once

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jax, FL
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The staff, location, and amenities were all outstanding. I woke up this morning to watch the sunrise from my oceanfront patio while sipping coffee and was happily surprised to see dolphins. What a relaxing trip! The only complaint, and it is being nit picky, is that the pool way so overcrowded as to dissuade me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,413 reviews
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island? Share your experiences!