“Excellent Hotel and a Great Area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front

Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Jupiter, Florida
“Excellent Hotel and a Great Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I booked this hotel to be close to Cumberland Island and got much more then I expected. The hotel is right in historic Fernandina. The town is easy walking distance from the hotel. We also enjoyed running and exploring the island. Part of the hotel has a nice water view so try to get that if you can.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank DiverM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Takoma Park, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I love this place. Clean rooms, nice staff and a great breakfast room. Right downtown,too. Would stay there anytime we are in Amelia. Close to restaurants and easy to stroll to some scenic points as the harbor to watch the sunset.

Room Tip: I love the suites. Extra room and I can watch TV and my husband can sleep or watch the other TV in t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Saucier, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We absolutely love this hotel and we have stayed here multiple times. My husband always stays here when he comes down on business and I was lucky enough to get to come down this weekend. It is so convenient to the quaint downtown area with lots of shops and restaurants to walk to. It is also right beside the harbor where you can walk. The beds are so comfortable and the staff is very friendly. My mom slept on the hide-a-bed and she didn't have any complaints at all. The fireplace was wonderful and actually puts out heat in the living room. The only thing someone might have a complaint about is that it is right along the railroad tracks and the train comes thru early in the morning but only for a few minutes. Also, I wish they would take small pets. Other than that, it is absolutely perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This is a perfect location for a trip to the South. We are walking distance to many great restaurants, short drive to the beach, St Augustine and Savanna, and we did it all. The hotel staff is pleasant an professional. We have a King suite which works perfectly for our family. Even the hide-a-bed was comfortable for our daughter. Our room is on the 2nd floor which is near the pool. Breakfast isn't exciting , but it is free. This hotel is a great value in every way. This is our 3rd stay, and we will definitely be back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DoorDealer
Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Walking distance to restaurants, shops - park your vehicle and enjoy the sites. Partial view of the harbor from our third floor room - asked fof a quiet location and it was perfect. The staff was efficient and friendly - my husband loved the cookes at the front desk - he was a constant visitor. Very surprised at the "free breakfast" expected the standard, nothing outstanding, from the continental ones offered at most hotels - the decor, seating, and food presentation make one think they were in a restaurant for breakfast; hot cereal, omelets, bacon, waffles, etc - Reasonable pricing though our visit was not during season.

Room Tip: I always request a room that is not close to the elevator, ice machine.
2 Thank hopeterry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I have been coming to this Hampton Inn for the last 3 yrs for weekend getaways. The location is perfect as it is in the heart of the historic marina within walking distance to some of the best dining, shopping and site seeing the island has to offer. Once you park your car in the free parking lot you don’t have to get back in until you are ready to leave! I travel frequently with my job and have stayed at several different types of hotels and resorts but the level of service I have experienced each and every time I come to the Hampton Inn has been far better than some of the 4 star resorts I have been to. Last month my husband and I celebrated our anniversary and mentioned this to reservationist and asked about an upgrade but since it was FL/GA weekend (huge event for our area) I pretty much figured it was impossible. When we came to check in not only had they upgraded us to a one bedroom suite but had also provided a complimentary bottle of champagne, Peterbrook chocolate and a lovely note from the staff wishing us a Happy Anniversary. We can’t thank the ladies and gentleman of the Hampton Inn Amelia Island enough for their excellent service over the years. Looking forward to our next stay.

Fernandina Beach FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a quick weekend trip to Fernandina Beach and loved our suite at the Hampton Inn. It was centrally located, well appointed and breakfast was great. The suite had lots of light, a small kitchenette which we put to good use with midnight snacks and popcorn. It was too cold for the pool, but we did enjoy walking in the city.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,352 reviews
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#10 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 11 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front? Share your experiences!