My wife and I took a trip to Fernandina Beach, Fl. with little planning. After 39 years of Florida living
and never having been to the Amelia Island area; we decided a day in advance to go. I did my usual homework of hotel and restaurant research and came up with the Hampton Inn @ the Fernandina Beach historic district. It's a long main street with side streets that offer dining, boutiques, watering holes etc. and a full fledge marina. The hotel had three floors and I had reserved a king with in room jacuzzi. It was done up nicely. The tub was in the bedroom side of the total space. It was in an alcove type setting that also offered a large mirror on the wall to give the room a larger effect. The bath had a decent size vanity made of granite. The shower was an independent stand up. The breakfast was one of the best we've encountered including more upscale properties. It had very good choices from yogurt and fresh fruit to the make your own waffles. Eggs were served differently each day with breakfast meats. The room is right off the swimming pool and sun deck. Two things were quite humorous to us, 1. The hotel cocktail and hours derve hour. It took place in the same room as breakfast. The funny thing was you are charged for beer and wine, and the hours derves were a spinach wrap with very tasty ingredients however; it was cut into 1/4 inch slices; one per person. It gave us a laugh and we joked about it for a good while.2. The other laugh was the train. It passes on the marina side of the hotel blowing it's whistle several times in the middle of the night. It reminded us of the train in My Cousin Vinny the movie. We would use the hotel again if we were to make another trip to Fernandina however, it's one of those places that once you see it another trip would be needless.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island
- Hampton Inn Fernandina Beach
- Fernandina Beach Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front Fernandina Beach