“Great decor, okay food and service.”
Review of Doo Wop Diner

Doo Wop Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Central Florida, Florida
“Great decor, okay food and service.”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you like diners and remember the 50s, then stop by here for coke or a root beer float. The decor is fantastic. It's all red and white, and shiny chrome. There are booths, tables or you can sit at the counter. If you're very hungry, you can eat some food, but it's best to go in the off hours. They serve breakfast all day. I believe they close at 8pm.
The food is okay. My veggie omelet and hash browns were good. Our malts and snicker's shakes were disappointing. One of our group tried the gizzard. It was over cooked and very tough, but this is one of the very few places to eat gizzards. The open faced turkey sandwich was disappointingly bland.
There seemed to be 3 overworked people trying to run this restaurant. The cook who also was doing some of the cashiering, a middle aged woman and a much younger woman both of whom also made the shakes and banana splits. After our waitress took our order and brought out food, she never looked our way again. She never checked to see if we needed more drinks or if the food was okay and it was almost impossible to get the bill. They need another server.
So, go in the off hours and try something hard to screw up like the omelets.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank iwanderafar

Florida
“Typical diner with great burgers”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a place in a strip mall and a step back in time. They have daily specials and typical diner food.
The burger was very tasty - prepared just as asked for, juicy and on a fresh Kaiser roll.
The prices are reasonable too.

Visited March 2014
Michigan
“Not very accomodating.”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Place is cute and music was fun, all 60's oldies. We wanted to share a larger dinner and were told they would add 2.00 to the cost. We said, just bring it, we will split it up. We were told there would still be a charge. I asked why? She said added cost for extra mayo and stuff. No, I said, we don't need that. I will get fired if I just bring the dinner and let you split it! Really?? There was one other person in the place. I guess they don't need much business. We were tempted to leave but stayed. I had the burger, it was just ok. Friend had a bowl of soup. It was good. I ended up giving part of my burger to the friend and the waitress didn't get fired. Took some to my dog too and shared with her, still didn't get fired. How stupid!. Service was really slow and there were no people in the place. We won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank lockrey
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

A true local place. Had breakfast. Service was prompt and friendly. Food was average. Some was a little salty. Suspect is a better burger and shake place.

Midland
“Loaded Hash Browns”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had them put an egg on the loaded hash browns-- delicious. The service was friendly and efficient. All the items on the wall and Elvis movies on the TV contributed to our conversation....a good way to start the day.

Visited October 2013