“Great place”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Ohio and beyond
“Great place”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Nice location right across from beach, rooms were very clean and well updated, ocean view, friendly staff, decent breakfast. The carpets in the hallway were a little beat up, but that is really the worst thing I can think of about this place.

Room Tip: We bought the cheapest room and were upgraded for free to a king size bed with an ocean view--great...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Amelia H, Guest Relations Manager at Amelia Hotel at the Beach, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are pleased you had a great stay. We will be doing some updating in the off season with new carpet and paint. Please come and visit again!

Management Amelia Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The property felt like a basic beach hotel. No frills, but across the street from the beach. Reception was friendly. Carpets in the hallways are pretty bad, but the room was clean and neat. Good A/C and bathroom was fine. Nothing bad. Perfect for an overnight stay were I was just looking for a cheap room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JTflashpacker
Amelia H, Guest Relations Manager at Amelia Hotel at the Beach, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased your stay was a good one. Please come and visit us again. If you travel to the island for business often, we do offer corporate rates, adn perks. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This once high end hotel needs some work. Lobby and rooms need paint, carpet, new furniture, duvets...etc.
Just seems run down for the price. We moved to the Residence Inn after one night - what a different experience!
Extra charge for room w/balcony is a joke and so is the pool.
This is not what you expect from a RESORT TOWN HOTEL!
Breakfast area swamped in the morning and needs to be bigger.
Daytime Staff not as friendly and helpful as evening. There are better places on island for same $.
Will not stay here again until Renovated.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank L J
Thank you for your review. I apologize your stay was not up to par. Our carpets are being updated over the off season, and we will be doing some renovations to the rooms as well. I hope you come again to give us another opportunity to host you.

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Within 30 minutes of arrival, I found the dresser drawer broken, the refrigerator not working. Went down to front desk, Casey came up to room and said he adjusted it. I put a thermometer in the refrigerator and an hour later it was at 74'f. Since the room was at 70'f I returned to the front desk an informed Casey that the refrigerator was still not working. He said he would call maintenance and have it replaced while we were out to dinner. Came back from dinner and shopping, placed frozen items in freezer portion of refrigerator and went about the rest of the night. In the morning, my frozen food was mush, water on floor and refrigerator not working. Back down to the front desk and reported this to the girl at the desk. She said she had no record of any of last nights episode but contacted maintenance while I stood there. Mr Green arrived immediately and we went upstairs to the room. He found the refrigerator inoperative and left and obtained a working unit from another room. That problem solved. Balcony is useless in the summertime due to the fact that the a/c exausts onto the center lower section of the balcony and the additional 20'f increase in that area makes it unusable. Location is good. Room was clean, housekeeping accomodating. But for the life of me I cannot understand why I was not offered another room or something in exchange for this whole ordeal.

Room Tip: If it's summertime, don't waste money on the balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank wolfiechat
Amelia H, Guest Relations Manager at Amelia Hotel at the Beach, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
We apologize that your stay was not up to par. We actually traded out your refridgerator three different times, but could not get any of them to a coolness for your liking. We would have gladly moved you, but unfortunately it was Labor Day weekend, and we had no other balcony rooms to move you to. Please accept our sincere apologies. We are sorry this affected your vacation in a negative way.

Best Regards,
Suwanee, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have enjoyed this hotel during my three previous visits to Amelia Island, However, I had to quickly find another hotel this morning due to last night, my first room's bathroom was filthy. We were moved to another room. This morning when we woke up, I noticed the mattress was stained and dirty. This hotel does not COVER the mattresses with a protective cover to protect customers from germs, bedbugs, and other disgusting filthy residues. All that was on the mattress that is used by hundreds of customers was a sheet!! I received a full refund. I am content now in the beautiful Residence Inn Marriot down the street. Never will I ever recommend this place. The furniture in the room was banged up, old, and serious health risk due to filthy mattresses that are not covered.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Marie D
We are very sorry for your experience over the Labor Day weekend. Since you are a repeat guest, you know that is not the norm when it comes to our hotel. I have shared with housekeeping your complaints, and I hope you will come and stay with us again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The stain on the mattress is unacceptable, and has been take care of.

Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I traveled to Fernandina Beach for a long weekend and chose the Amelia Hotel at the Beach - I am normally a Hilton/Hampton/Marriott guy but I wanted to step outside my comfort zone and also be as close to the beach as possible.

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. There were minor maintenance issues and a few carpet stains, but certainly nothing to get in a twist over. I was in a 3rd floor king room, and I was never disturbed by noise inside or outside the hotel. The beds are much better than most 4-5 Star hotels, and the flat screen TV was enormous. The breakfast is what you would expect from a free hotel breakfast. No complaints there.

The hotel location and ease of parking is worth its weight in gold.

All in all, I would certainly consider this hotel if I travel to Fernandina Beach again.

Room Tip: West side view: Hotel Parking Lot East side (Ocean) view: Restaurant Parking Lot and A1A against...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Amelia H, Guest Relations Manager at Amelia Hotel at the Beach, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is an enviable one. So close to the sand and surf, without paying resort prices. We hope you come back soon. Off season is a terrific time to visit. The island is quiet, and the weather is amazing!

Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Was very pleased with the room, we were on the 2nd floor, near the elevator, overlooking the parking lot. The only complaint was the mattresses ,in our room, were to soft. The staff was outstanding. The day we where to leave, my husband became ill, and was admitted to the hospital, thus adding 3 additional nights.to our stay. A discounted rate was offered to me, on a day to day basis for the room. The staff was so kind and concerned, I just can't say enough about them. We will def. stay there again. Thanks again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review. We were happy to host you for the additional nights, and completely thrilled your spouse is feeling better. Please come and see us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation

Been to Amelia Hotel at the Beach? Share your experiences!