“Awesome vacation!”

Amelia Hotel at the Beach
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We go on vacations very rarely, so when we do we want to make it count. Beautiful beaches and a nice place to stay without breaking the bank are our modest goals. And Amelia Hotel at the Beach delivered. Clean, comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, friendly staff, and all but a walk across the street to one of Florida's nicest beaches in one of Florida's nicest towns. Thanks Amelia Hotel! We'll see you again soon!

Room Tip: Higher floors with balcony for sunrise!
1  Thank Jeff B

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Our family booked a stay at Amelia Hotel..I read reviews before our stay due to another family member making our reservation and became very hesitate. Upon arrival hotel has a great location..but furnishings in our room were very dated and unfortunately a spider was observed in a bed and ants and bugs in the bathroom. The stay was not worth $139.00 a night. If you are use to staying at 4 & 5 Star hotels this is not the place to stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank dgdfam
AmeliaHotel1997, Front Office Manager at Amelia Hotel at the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,
I am so very sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. I have searched and tried to investigate, however I am unable to find any complaints of such. I would like to gather more information from you and address these issues so they don't happen in the future. Would you be so kind as to email me at ja@ameliahotel.com or please feel free to contact me by phone at 904-206-5600 ext 2014.

Jayla Awa
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and enjoyed myself. I love Amelia a Island and fernandina because it has a small town unspoiled feel. I thought the quality of the room was excellent and the pricing good albeit I went off season in early November. The bath was nice, desk helpful and housekeeping did a great job. I do recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Baldwintampa

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay on Amelia Island and here at Amelia Hotel the Beach. We hope that if you return in the future you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My room faced the pool where there was a party every night until 2am. Paper thin walls made it hard to sleep. The water pressure is low and the water stinks. The free breakfast is okay (not anything special) and it's close to the beach, the only thing going for this place.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Karzouz1
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent one night in a double room, and I was glad that we were not staying too much longer. The hotel's photos were much nicer than any room I saw, and our room could use a good updating and thorough scrubbing. The location was really good for beach access, and a short drive to the historic district. For the price, it was a fair value, but probably would pay a bit more next time.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First time on Amelia Island. Booked 3 nights. On our last full day there my husband had a medical problem-was admited to the hospital-when i got back to the hotel I explained and asked for a late check out the next day, since hospital thought my husband would be released about 2pm the next day. Was told check out is 11. Could give me a check out of 12. Asked for a little more time. Front desk told me I would have to speak to housekeeping manager the next morning. At 8am - on my way to the hospital I spoke to the her-was again told that she could only give me until 12 noon. Didn't want to take the chance that something might delay us after 12 noon--I booked the room for another night at a higher rate--would not give me the same rate I had on the previous 3 nights. As it was, I was told that my husband did not have a stroke (as they thought it might be). He was released and we were back at the hotel by 12:45! We will be back to Amelia Island--but not at this hotel.

3  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I mentioned in a review last year that we would come back and we did! We stayed for an entire week this time, so we were able to see even more of the island and experience more of what the hotel offers. As we paid even closer attention to the details, we recognized that this is a smart family business. We still love that they offer rooms with soft pillows, several breakfast options, a nice dining area, activity ideas, close proximity to the beach area, close restaurants (La Mancha is our favorite), chocolate chip cookies, water with fresh fruit in it, friendly staff, small gym option, beach chairs and beach towels (which we took advantage of this time around!). A lot of little things make this place special to us. I have to give the owners 'kudos' on adding these things to make it feel like home. I wish I made use of the outdoor pool and gym area, but maybe next time. I even noticed that they now have personal towels and makeup remover samples in the bathroom. ** We do have just a few comments on areas of improvement, because we like it here so much.: 1. The girls that worked the breakfast area were very focused on their duties and did not realize I was greeting them several times. I totally understand that some places of service want to be invisible to the guests, but I personally like saying 'hi' to staff members. 2. We had trouble accessing the internet in our room. The staff at the front desk were aware. The strongest connection was when we were near the front desk and community computer. This disrupted the many times we needed to us our technology which isn't too terrible when we should be away from it all. 3. I found hair on some of our clean towels, in the sink and on an orange. I just asked for more towels, rinsed out the sink and grabbed a different orange. :) I know it can be difficult getting rid of hair. 4. The area on the sides of our bed and behind it was not clean. It just needed a quick vacuuming. We dropped the remote behind the bed, that's the only reason we saw it. I could have asked someone in the morning to clean it, but I felt weird about bothering them. If I need it cleaned next time, I will ask.** - In the end, staying longer allowed us to experience the hotel for what it is. It is almost becoming a second home. When we're back for a third visit, Amelia Hotel at the Beach will still be our first consideration!

1  Thank Juanita N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation

Been to Amelia Hotel at the Beach? Share your experiences!