“Shrimp Po'Boy'Oh'Boy”

Timoti's Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Soooo my friend and I both got the shrimp po' boy because we don't have those where we live. Not our fault, we were in the mood. And I was pleasantly surprised! The breading is so light and the shrimp so fresh and tender, it made me mourn all the "good" po' boy's I've thought I was enjoying in the past.
Definitely my go-to place for po'boys from now on out. When I'm in town. Which is yearly.

Oh and the hush puppies were great too! Like fresh green onions/onions and stuff in them. Yumsies.

1  Thank Sarahe80

Reviewed 25 July 2014

As a disclaimer, I will note that we have 2 teenage boys (17 and 16) and we tend to frequent places that are a little more economical in order to fill them up so I've not been to any of the higher end restaurants in FB recently enough to offer a comparison. That said, Timoti's is my absolute favorite of the other places I've eaten in FB. The food is very fresh and well prepared. I had the market special, described as tiel (sp?) but I can't find anything on the internet about that fish. None the less, it was a steak-like white fish in thickness but very flaky and flavorful (got it blackened) and very fresh. The fries are good and the baskets include 2 hushpuppies which are the sweeter variety. My wife got the Mahi blackened and thought it was excellent. Most everyone else got shrimp baskets or fish tacos. Seating is limited and though you order at a window and they call you when your food is ready, it still takes around 15-20 minutes. This is not a bad thing but you normally expect that kind of wait at a true sit down restaurant. This is the first restaurant I will go to when we are back in FB.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Some of the best fish tacos I have ever had. Fresh mahi - blackened with corn, black beans, cilantro, cabbage in a flour tortilla! The fried shrimp basket featured shrimp that were perfectly cooked and served with fries and hush puppies! Great price! Nice casual lunch experience!

1  Thank TWB1959
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Loved the casual atmosphere!! Best Lobster Roll I have ever eaten!!! It did not fill me up so I had to get a taco. Look forward to going back the next time we are in town~!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

You can pay more and have a more upscale dinign experience, but the food won't be any better. fresh catch of the day prepared - grilled, blackened, or fried. my wife had the clams and they were so fresh and so well cooked that she forced us to return for lunch the next day. nobody complained. the sides are great too. They had French fries, but the sea weed salad was great, the cole slaw was good, and the hush puppies were hot and spicy. The staff was more than friendly and helpful.