“Nice surprise !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Don Quixote's - CLOSED

Don Quixote's
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Hahira, Georgia
“Nice surprise !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We own vacation property in Fernandina and have eaten at most of the restaurants in town. I had heard about Don Quixote's, but had not checked it out. My confusion was it is basically the same building at Pepper's, a Mexican restaurant (same owners I found out). It is technically next door, but unless you're looking specifically for it, it is easy to miss. I checked out the menu during the day while walking, and it looked great, so we went on a Sat. evening. The menu is extensive with large entrees, as well as a tapas menu. Very good and diverse selection of food. I ordered the Paella, which was very good. My husband ordered a scallop tapa, along with a beef one, both of which were excellent. Nice wine selection, we had wonderful service, and a very nice atmosphere. White table cloth, upscale; we will definately be back.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Spanish Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Excellent, semi-formal dining with table cloths. The food is Spanish and European NOT Texmex. Excellent food and nice atmosphere. Prices are moderate for a great meal. Definitely a restaurant to repeat.

Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Terrible Employees and Managers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

When I went with my family the food was good, but the waiter we had ruined my experience. His hands were covered in worts and he dropped the caprese salad on the ground and the balsamic dressing ended up staining my mother's sweater. We didn't realize it got stained until that night when we got back to our condo because he, nor the female manager that walked around and saw the caprese mess said anything (I distinctly remember them both looking at the back of my mom's chair which had her sweater wrapped around). It is such a shame though because the food is pretty good, but I could never go back because the fact that the waiter and manager didn't say anything when my mom's yellow sweater was COVERED in brown balsamic dressing disgusts me. The mess on the floor was literally under my mom's chair so there is no way they didn't notice.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HaleyC20
Clermont, Florida
“Nice atmosphere, food lacking some detail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Consistent service, however the food was just average and overpriced....Seems like they are trying to be Upscale Spanish however the menu and tapas are lacking in creativity and variety....Not bad, just not great and probably wouldn't back....Decent wine selection but no full bar and very limited beer choices....

Fernandina Beach, FL
“Nice Choices and Delicious Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We wanted a nice meal out tonight and made our way downtown to Don Quixote's. The menu was full of delicious choices. They have a traditional menu on one side and a tapas menu on the other side. We chose the traditional menu and had delicious meals. My husband had shrimp sauteed with mushrooms in coconut sauce. I had the scallops in an orange sauce. Both dishes were delicious and well-seasoned. The service was spot-on. The waiter was attentive but didn't "lurk." We will definitely go back to try the tapas menu!