“Warm breezes, good food and a view of the bay”

The Salty Pelican Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A great place for Lunch and Dinner overlooking the Amelia River and a sunset view every night!
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We ate here three times. Two times in the upper room and enjoyed it greatly. Just the right balance with sea breeze casual dress and good food. We tried the main floor and I am sure the food would have been good but my husband and I don't hear well and didn't like the loud live music

1  Thank Billie S
There are newer reviews for The Salty Pelican Bar & Grill

Reviewed 24 April 2014

After my last review of the Salty Pelican, called Sunday Night, I since received an email from one of the owners, Al Waldis who graciously apologized for my visit that evening and offered to make it right. Al also requested the next time I come in to ask for him to meet up. I have not had the opportunity to eat there again but I will definitely be back. It is a wonderful place, great view and has good food too; I just had a bad night there. I will give it to the management of the restaurant that they did try to make it right.

So, Al, lookout, I will be back! And thanks again for the note. Harry

1  Thank Harry C
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Don't let the construction around this restaurant deter you from a visit. Although we found it a bit hard to spot because of the construction, we were glad we found it! Very casual place with many great seafood choices. Also very kid friendly. I had the shrimp and crab soup, which was more than ample and very tasty. Excellent service and great selection of beer.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Sitting outside, watching the ships come in, eating awesome fish tacos and sipping cold beer. Doesn't get any better! Service was also fantastic.

1  Thank Tannams
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our hotel said that we could get a 10% discount and this place had a view so we tried it. Good call! Mitzi was our server and took good care of us, including suggesting to my husband that he would be OK with only 1/2 order of tuna nachos. She was right. He loved them but couldn't have eaten a whole order. Got the grilled oysters with the various toppings. Really good, but the oysters themselves were so tender and sweet that they would have been great without the sauces, too. One of the best things was that they have one price for wine: $7/$25 for Premium Wines. The selection isn't huge but it was nice (Louis Martini Cab, Murphy Goode Merlot, KJ Chardonnay for example) and included something for everyone at really good pricing. My Caesar was so fresh tasting with plump, tender shrimp and a dressing that was not heavy cream based. We were just really happy with the whole plan. The line does form after 6 and seating upstairs is 1st come, 1st served; but it is a fine place for family, couples or groups. Everyone seemed to be well cared for and happy.