“Food was average, everything else was very good”

The Salty Pelican Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A great place for Lunch and Dinner overlooking the Amelia River and a sunset view every night!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ate here with a group of 11. Restaurant was full so we sat upstairs in the bar area as 2 groups. Sun was setting over the harbor and it had rained so the temperature was perfect. The food was good and the service was excellent. I had a sandwich with a local fish called Covina. They have fried plantains which I love but I was disappointed as the outsides were a little too done. The prices were very reasonable and they have enough variety to please everyone. They are not going to win any culinary awards but this was a beach place with a nice atmosphere, good amount of food and very reasonable prices. When I want a casual meal in a friendly atmosphere at Fernandina, I will definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,297)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

OMG the fish tacos are simply amazing! I wasn't real sure about trying fish in tacos until I had these...A-MAZING!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My sister goes here regularly (local) for beer and trivia, and I think it would be a blast. Lunch time, with a toddler, not so much. We sat upstairs- such a fun view, onto the water and the marina. The sweet tea was DELICIOUS! (I'm always on the lookout for good sweet tea, especially in Florida). I had mild wings and fries, pretty good, Hubbie had fried shrimp and really liked it. Not super impressed with the menu overall though. The downstairs inside reminds me of a Taco Mac. Would really like to go here for drinking and trivia at night, would be beautiful. Would try again-without the kiddie!
The service wasn't too bad, felt like they catered towards the locals. That's ok, as long as the other customers are not being ignored.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are in town on Sunday you must try the Salty Pelican's Brunch! The shrimp and grits were to die for! The Bloody Mary come complete with a meat straw, and a shrimp! Follow me on Instagram for more of my foodie travles @kwill9187.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our service was great and the menu offered a variety of meals at a reasonable price. The view from the upper deck was pretty.