“Excellent in Every Way”

David's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
David's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$9 - US$64
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. 8th St.
Description: The ART of Dining! At David's Restaurant we serve the finest seafood and meats available on Amelia Island. Our mouthwatering menu features a wide selections of delicious entrees such as Filet Oscar, Porterhouse, Rack of Lamb & Grilled Delmonico Rib Eye. On the Sea side Dover Sole, Truffle Scallops,Chilean Sea Bass & our Mushroom Truffle Alfredo. A specialty 6-10 pound whole Alaskan King Crab! Our elegant presentation & experienced wait staff makes dining at David's Restaurant a unique intimate romantic dining experience. Attire: Resort casual. Sunday-Thursday Happy Hour 5-7pm 1/2 Cocktails (except for Holidays and Special Events). Our lounge is pleased to specialize in the finest wines, liquors and cocktails. Open 7 nights a week.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I chose this restaurant based on positive reviews we read on tripadvisor. As usual, this was spot on. When we arrived we were a little concerned as this does not appear to be in the nicest area, but this all changed once we walked in the door. The ambiance of the restaurant was great, nice wine selection, and the food was fabulous. My wife had a filet that they cooked perfectly and I had a Chilean sea bass, which was also great. Overall wonderful experience.

1  Thank mvenaas
There are newer reviews for David's Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Last night we took a couple to dinner for a special occasion. It was our third trip to David's and we had been extremely pleased the other two times we had dined there. Last night I made the mistake of ordering the Veal Marsala. My disappointment could not have been greater. The veal was comparable to the veal cutlet one might receive when ordering veal parmegiana at a second rate restaurant. It was tough and full of gristle. It appeared to have been tenderized and was over cooked. I considered it uneatable and called the waiter sending it back to the kitchen. He offered to take an alternative order, but our guests were well into their dinners and at that point I no longer had an appetite. They of course did not charge me for the meal that was not deemed worth eating. I did suggest that the chef consider buying his veal from COSTCO.

4  Thank fritzklumpp
Deborah G, Owner at David's Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so truly sorry we did not meet your expectations on the veal. While we have had positive reviews, we have decided to remove the item from our menu immediately and will re-assess the quality and more important the consistency of the product. Quality is paramount to me and we have a high standard as you know since you have dined with us in the past. I appreciate your input and look forward to seeing you again at David's.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Dined with a party of 5 on a Wednesday and had a wonderful experience. The interior was beautifully decorated and classy. Service was prompt and the food tasted great! We all had steaks and they were cooked to everyone's liking. They had a cool interactive wine list on an iPad which was a neat feature. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Erica L
Deborah G, Owner at David's Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for your review and letting us know how we are doing. It is so appreciated that you took the time to write a review. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again at David's.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We spent a couple of hours at David's, sampling a little bit of everything - we had drinks, appetizers, dinner, and desserts. Everything was very good, and everyone on the staff was very friendly. The only reason I am not giving the full "five dot review" is because it is definitely costly and somewhat unnecessarily so ($12 for a basic martini is a bit absurd). Overall though, I do recommend.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you felt that our Martini prices were high. A normal vodka tonic would be priced anywhere from 7.00 to 8.50 depending on the Vodka. A Martini is almost 2.5 shots of top shelf alcohol. We feel our pricing is reasonable considering the amount of liquor required even in a basic martini. We are every competitive in our pricing. And FYI on Sundays & Thursdays we offer 1/2 priced Cocktails which means you get that same Martini for 6.00 all night. Now that is a bargain, with 1/2 priced appetizers from 5-7pm all served in the lounge. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again at David's.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

While on family vacation we decided to try Davids based upon the many glowing reviews. I also saw on their website that they had a young adult menu which was perfect since I was bringing my my two daughters. Upon arrival for our reservation we were immediately taken to our table. However when I inquired about a menu for my daughter I was told in an impolite fashion that the restaurant does not offer any such thing. It felt very clear to my wife and I that it was an inconvenience to have non adults in the restaurant. Keeping in mind the children are ten and fourteen and dressed better than half of the people in the place we were taken aback. These kids have eaten at many fine dining establishments and always shine. Fortunately, our waiter came to the rescue with a Childrens menu that included a crossword and multiple games as well as several items that were appropriate for or ten year old. Food and service was excellent, but we will not be returning due to the treatment at our arrival.

1  Thank AntioneJoubert
Deborah G, Owner at David's Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. It was a pleasure speaking to you on the phone. You are correct the gentlemen who sat you truly was not aware of our young adult menu. He was notified immediately of his error and that old saying "never assume" was reviewed. Being his first day and you his first guest, he will never make that mistake again. I do apologize for the miscommunication. I am glad you will give us another try as you enjoyed the service and dining experience at David's. I personally look forward to seeing you all again.