Joe's 2nd Street Bistro
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in historic downtown Fernandina Beach, Joe's 2nd St. Bistro serves innovative cuisine in a relaxed, island atmosphere. Enjoy fresh seafood specialties in a 1900's home, or outside in a New Orleans inspired Courtyard.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent food and service. Dinner on a Sunday evening - Best meal we had on Amelia Island. Ingredients tasted fresh and were all expertly cooked. The atmosphere was calm and relaxed. Highly recommended whatever the occasion.

2  Thank MAGGIE50CLE
Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stopped in for lunch.. Lunch portion was huge. My wife had the Linguine with shrimp and scallops and I had SHrimp and grits. We were so full from their "lunch" portions. Will go back for Dinner next time

2  Thank Bob G
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We tried Joe's 2nd Street Bistro for lunch and dinner. Both were very good experiences. Joe's has probably the best outdoor dining feel. Quiet, with a beautiful fountain, good canopy (see pic). Dining outdoor here is a must.

Service was mixed from Good to Excellent. I had clams casino and they were delicious, but not properly shucked, so the toppings fell off. I also had he Caesar salad, which was a true Caeser with green Romaine and anchovies.(see pic) Too often restaurants serve only the white stems of the romaine and not the green leaves.

My wife had the prime rib (a special that day) and it was properly cooked to order. (see pic, medium rare). Delicious.

We also went for lunch. We each had the "fresh catch", which was grouper. My wife had the grilled grouper and I had the fried grouper. The fried grouper won out, as my wife wished she had ordered what I had. The fried grouper was outstanding.

One of the biggest surprises was the key lime pie (see pic). The presentation is beautiful. The pie is terrific, and I don't usually eat dessert. We ordered it twice.

1  Thank LorenzoLorenzo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We decided to be seated outside in the courtyard as it was a pleasant day, good choice.
The server was very attentive throughout our meal. My husband found the shrimp and grits to be very flavorful with a number of nice sized shrimp. The Mac and cheese with shrimp and lobster was yummy. Would have been fine to reduce amount of pasta by quarter to half but nice amount of seafood which I focused on.
Lovely relaxed and delicious lunch!

1  Thank Dianne S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

In the last few months, my boyfriend and I have eaten at Joe's. The last time was a "my choice restaurant" for my birthday! We both like seafood and it has been fresh and from a local seafood market two blocks away. The flavor and presentation of each selection was an A+ and the creme brûlée dessert earned the same grade. Great food, great service made for overall for great experiences!

1  Thank Rozpepper