“Read the reviews before you go”

Happy Trails Walking Horses
Birmingham, Alabama
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Read the reviews before you go”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I wish I would have read the other reviews before we went. The owner was very unfriendly and seemed inconvenienced by the fact he had to show up. We paid $300 for a family of 5 and our actual ride time was about 30 minutes. I had asked to take pictures and the owner seemed very put out by this (he actually said no so I did not get any). He had us get off the horses and walk them a decent distance. Mine tried to take off running and then bit me! I am just grateful it was not one of my son's horses.

We had gone trail riding in Blue Ridge, GA the prior summer and really liked it, so we thought we would try the beach experience. It would have been a lot better if the owner had actually been friendly (and take out the biting horse).

Visited June 2013
12 Thank Wyatt12345

fanwood, nj
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Too short”
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

I have to agree with the previous review. We also wanted our youngest to join in the horseback adventure. Stan was a nice guy and all, but it was a half hour of getting ready, and half hour actually riding. Glad we went but it was way overpriced

Visited March 2013
7 Thank creb111
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“not as expected”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was a family horseback ride on the beach. We went here because a lot of stables on Amelia Island won't take kids under 12. While it was nice to be on horses on the sand and next to the ocean, we paid for an hour ride and the actual time spent on a horse was only about 30 minutes. In addition, the owner wasn't particularly child friendly. I'm guessing there are better experiences out there.

Visited March 2013