“Bucket List”

Horseback Beach Rides on Amelia Island
douglasville
“Bucket List”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My sister and I have always wanted to ride a horse on the beach at sunset. Happy Trails was able to fulfill our wish and at a very reasonable price. The pics are available on line and are also very reasonable. Thanks so much.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank mary c

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

My sister and I had an amazing time horseback riding on the beach this summer with Stan! It was on both of our bucket lists and Stan made sure we had a special time. My sister and I love pictures and this is the only horseback riding place in Amelia Islands that we could find that allows you to bring your own camera. Stan even took some pictures for us at no extra charge. Much better than having to pay for "professional" photos that don't even turn out very well.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank KathleenS821843
Georgetown, Kentucky
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Worth every cent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Not only was this like no other riding I had ever done, my husband had never been riding. The guide took time to review things with us and teach him some moves and comdands. I loved gettng to ride on the beach and very happy with out guide! He went out of his way to give us a get ride!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Cassie B
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Worst riding experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Our family enjoys riding and nearly always rides when we're on vacation. There were 6 of us total (3 teens) and we paid hundreds for this special experience of horseback riding on the beach. Not only were we disappointed by the ride, I question the safety of the operation. It is far and away the very worst operation of its kind we've ever witnessed.

The horses are transported to the location in a trailer that is in extremely poor condition. The horses themselves don't look very happy or in good shape. The owner was curt to the point of being rude. He actually seemed put out to have to work. We walked the horses a good distance from the parking lot to the beach and they were pulling and fighting nearly the entire time. As I've said, we've ridden often in many locations and I've never seen animals this unhappy. My horse WOULD NOT EVEN WALK on the beach. The owner literally had to drag her along for the entire ride out, only when we were heading back did she voluntary walk. I had a terrible feeling about the whole thing just a few minutes in. As other reviewers have said the ride is extremely short but frankly I was glad. The horses were miserable and it wasn't much fun to be dragged along the beach. On the walk back to the trailer, my daughter's horse was very hard to control and the owner told this 12 year old girl she had to just do a better job of controlling it. As she tried, the horse stepped on her foot!!! Thank god it moved right off but she was shocked and though her foot was generally fine, the owner brushed it off and said something like -- oh that'll happen. What?! Isn't there any regulation for this kind of business on Amelia Island? There was another horse ride operating out of that same parking lot and they looked extremely professional. If you value your money and safety, choose something else. If I could give this less than one star, I would.

Visited April 2013
25 Thank KuriousKaty
Key West, Florida
“Special Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I will not comment on a couple of sour grapes... My family had a great time and the short 3 min lesson Stan gives before the ride helps. This has to be the Best Beach Horse Operation on Amelia Island. My kids had a great time and Stan made them feel very safe and in control and my 5 year old daughter will not stop talking about it. The pictures we took and the ones Stan took for us turn out GREAT.

Visited June 2013