“Family fun”

and up
Self-Guided Kayak Tour of Amelia Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An Amelia Island kayak company that offers families private self guided tours and guided eco kayaking tours in the Amelia Island, Yulee, and surrounding areas. Romantic kayaking in a lovely location with trees, birds,fish jumping, and fresh air. For self guided tours, we show you a safe one hour up and one hour back route for peaceful kayaking in calm water at Lofton Creek in Yulee. Guided tours are at specific locations. Children, Seniors, and even well behaved dogs are invited. Easy and inexpensive. Includes kayak, paddle, vest, route, and mini-lesson if needed. Safe for the family! Advanced reservations required.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a wonderful time on Lofton Creek. Our party consisted of 5 people (including a 4 yr old and 7 yr old) who have never kayaked before. Our guide, Sheri, was so informative and made the trip so engaging for our kids with stories of local legends, and the flora and fauna we might encounter along the way. We didn't see any alligators or snakes (thankfully) but we had a fun and relaxing paddle on the creek. Sheri took us to the fairy cove which our daughters loved and paddled under the wishing trees. This is an excellent way to experience Fernandina Beach for the whole family. My arms were just a little sore the following morning so it was a very pleasant way to squeeze a little work out as well. We will definitely do another kayak trip with Fresh Spirit next year when we return!

2  Thank CTpeeps

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had to think of something to do together with my daughter (who is about to go to high school this coming year) that would take her away from her smartphone! I saw a groupon to go kayaking and I was glad I bought it. Priced right for a 2 hour experience.

No cell signal. Yeah! Just me, my daughter and the guide (who by the way was very nice, knowledgeable and cool to hang out with (the type that really enjoys what she's doing). The guide took us hiking too as part of the trip which was an awesome experience. Overall, it was a fun experience. I'm already thinking of taking my younger daughter and she is excited about it.

1  Thank Joel R
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a great time on the SUPs we rented from Freshspiritadventures!! They met us at Melton Nelson Boat Ramp, gave us a great tutorial, and sent us on our way. We're hooked now! They were lovely to deal with, very informative, friendly, and a good deal. When they came to pick up the SUPs, they even took some pictures for us :) Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a great trip on the water on a black water tour of Lofton Creek. We had 2 five year olds, a nine year old and 6 adults. The trip was peaceful and beautiful. Our guide was friendly but not overbearing. We will definitely be back for the Egan Creek tour to see more wildlife!