“Fun Place amazing bartenders/mixologist!”

Sheffield's at The Palace
More attraction details
Owner description: Sheffield’s at The Palace has a concentration on Classic Craft Cocktails, Craft Beers and Wine in an elegant, non-smoking atmosphere. VIP areas are available upon request.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Place amazing bartenders/mixologist!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love this place very fun and Wednesday is Ladies night! Friend them on Facebook so you can keep up with events and such! They have a menu filled with amazing concoctions form the bar! Dress up or dress casual either way always a good time. I know they are thinking about doing a night of dance lessons...country dancing...no one on the island has this! On Friday and Saturday nights they have a $5 cover but it also allows you entrance next door to The Palace Saloon...oldest continually running saloon in the United States! Both places have music/bands/DJ's and dancing! There are also pool tables. I was a regular at this place from about 2010 to 2014 I moved in May of 2014 to Texas and I sure miss it!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Unruly M

Boston
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great Bar”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Not to be mistaken with the Saloon; this is the place NEXT to the Palace Saloon, Sheffields offers a huge bar, great décor and lots of space for crowds. We were there in the off season so the place was sparsely populated but the piano player was extraordinary and the music enticed us to grab a drink before dinner at another restaurant. The bartender was very engaging and attentive, the drinks were superb- non of this watered down crap that we experienced at other "bars". This place is obviously set up to provide a lot of entertainment from the looks of the lights, a/v equipment and flooring. But our musical talent was so good we came back right after our dinner and enjoyed the late night crowd that showed up. If you really must party in the pirate décor go next door but Sheffields will undoubtedly have some form of entertainment to draw you in.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank tatsa
Fernandina Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relaxed and Elegant”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Sheffield's is a totally separate section of the Palace Saloon that does not allow smoking and has a much more refined and elegant feel than the rest of the Palace. The bartenders there are crafting the drinks instead of slinging things together. I watched the bartender there throw some fresh cut limes and lemons and some sugar into a glass and start muddling it together with some water and asked what he was making. His response was that he was making a margarita and didn't like to use the pre-made sour mix. Another bartender was going through the list of whiskeys and bourbons with a customer with the knowledge of a patient instructor. The end result being a customer who felt like they'd learned something as they enjoyed their special drink.
The atmosphere in Sheffield's is that of old money turn of the century guilded age decor with a stamped tin ceiling and lots of wood and brass. There are two very large televisions and an absolutely huge ceiling fan betraying the antique feel but they seem to fit somehow, and the fan is very nice when the room gets crowded on Saturday nights.
They have live music Wednesday through Saturday starting in the early evening. It's a nice place to relax before your dinner reservations or even right after dinner for an digestif.
You might have guessed by reading this review that I've been there a few times. It really is my favorite bar in Fernandina Beach and I'm glad to tell you about it.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank GeorgeJetSki
Jacksonville, Florida
“New Favorite Bartender”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Visited the Palace the past couple of Saturdays in a row after finding my new favorite bartender on the Island! Patrick is very friendly and personable. He remembered what I drank and name each time I returned. I was very pleased with my service and will be back to see him! Always great to have a cute guy behind the bar !

Visited August 2013
Kingsland, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Uptown class in a small beach town”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Happened to walk into Sheffield's by accident. Once I entered the establishment, I was taken aback by the brick work and the layout of the bar. It exuded true class. The bar was empty for a weekday afternoon which made it enjoyable for taking in the setup of the bar. The vodka martinis were the best I have ever had and the live piano music which started at 6 PM was the icing on the cake. If you want a nice place to relax and leave the hustle and bustle, escape to Sheffield's. You will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2013