“A great local lunch place!”
Review of Happy Tomato Cafe

Happy Tomato Cafe
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Richard Bolton, the owner, and his staff have an excellent setup. My wife and I had the Chicken Salad and Trio salad, which were both excellent. He was kind enough to offer us a free sample of the BBQ - which did not disappoint. Mostly courtyard seating, but we ate inside. Good people, good food. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Brandon B

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Best BBQ Pork Sandwich and great value. Piled high and plenty to split if you choose. Super fast service with out door seating and seating under covered patio with umbrellas if raining. Casual. Chicken Salad is great...did not have on this visit. like this lunch spot a lot for lunch. Great place for girls day out. Wine or Champagne, beer available.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

You get your money's worth at Happy Tomato! I was traveling with a group of about 40 people, and the folks at Happy Tomato was able to get all of our orders filled within a very short time period. I had the Monster Club, and it lived up to its name. It was huge! (and under $9.)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My dining partner was served a roll that had mold on it. He noticed it after he had eaten some of his sandwich. It wasn't a lot, just some small spots. He picked them off and finished. I wouldn't have. Food was tasty enough, prices reasonable, service was perfunctory. The mold put a serious damper on the proceedings. I'm sure it's hard to keep things right during summer in Florida, but that wasn't acceptable. If I do eat there again, I'll give everything a once-over before eating.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Since my family wanted barbeque and I wanted a vegetarian choice, we were fortunate to find the Happy Tomato, which has a small walk-in area to place your order at a counter, with the majority of the seating in a quaint courtyard setting. As it was too hot and buggy for us that day, we opted for the limited indoor tables. We tried the barbeque pork sandwich, the turkey sandwich, and the Plain Jane, piled high with fresh tomatoes. The food was prepared very quickly, using the freshest ingredients, by very friendly people. There appeared to be quite a few locals there on their lunch breaks...always a good sign. We recommended this place to quite a few people while visiting Fernandina Beach.