“Tasty tapas, quaint location”

Espana Restaurant & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Espana Restaurant & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centre Street
Description: The traditional flavors of Spain and Portugal are highlighted in all our dishes here in the heart of historic Fernandina Beach. Sip on homemade Sangria or enjoy a glass of wine from a list of hand picked selections (International and Californian). Choose from a menu of hot and cold tapas, "just caught" fish or meat entrees including the national dish of Spain, Paella. You can choose to dine in our cozy main dining room, bright enclosed patio dining room or lush garden dining area which is open generally Thursday - Sunday and weather permitting :) Chef Roberto is a second generation restaurateur, with over 28 years experience. He endeavors to make your evening a memorable one by bringing both his own family recipes, and inspiration from trips to Spain and Portugal for you to savor and enjoy. Family owned and operated since 2004. The Original on Amelia Island!
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Tasty tapas, quaint location”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Due to a thunderstorm just before we arrived, we had to eat inside rather than in the garden patio. The decor left much to be desired, but the service and food made up for it. The selection of small plates was limited, but everything was delicious. The wine list had several good bottles at reasonable prices. The shrimp in garlic sauce and the calamari steak were wonderful. We also had the seafood paella for two, which was also very good. My only (minor) complaint is that the rice didn't crisp up as much as it has as some other spanish restaurants I've tried.

1 Thank lcm_axa

Columbia, South Carolina
“Food and service were a plus”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

It was very crowded on a Saturday night, but they found a way to fit us in. We sat outside, but with a fan and Off Candles, we were fine though. My wife and I had tapas - lobster ravioli and seared calamari were excellent. Justin, our server was very good, despite the busy load. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Brandon B
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food but not Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Food and preparation is very good, the menu is somewhat limited, but we did not feel much energy and excitement in the restaurant. We were expecting more of an ethnic flair, which is not present.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Richard J
Coral Springs, Florida
“Expensive for the quality”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was excited about eating at this restaurant after it was recommended by an acquaintance. The location being near the water I thought surely the seafood will be fresh. We ordered an appetizer from their specials of the day and it was very good. However, our entrees were very average to not good. The fish tasted like it had previously been frozen. My daughter complained about salty sauce and tasteless fish. My other daughter said her food was average. My husband's steak had been overcooked and the chef had used canned mushrooms. I also noticed that my olives were from a jar. Very dissappointing. I would never go back or recommend this restaurant.

5 Thank Pilar E
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Another Wonderful Meal & Evening”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We did tapas for the second straight visit....just as good as the time time a couple of months ago. Ate early and the service was outstanding.....actually better than our last visit.

We shared five tapas and it was all quite good. My wife started with one of the specials for the night which was a fried goat cheese and tomatoes....outstanding! I grazed again on the Spanish Antipasto (Entremes) which I really enjoyed. We then shared three other dishes: a fantastic special of breaded and friend scallops (Yum!), pork tenderloin
(Picadinho) which was a repeat from our last visit and just as good this time around, and shrimp Ceviche (diced shrimp cured in lime juice seasoned with red onion, peppers and cilantro) which was a spicy treat.

With one glass of wine and an iced tea, the bill came to $60 before the tip. Another perfect evening!!!!

Visited August 2014