“Compliments to the Chef and Staff!”
Review of Le Clos

Le Clos
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The food here was just amazing...I had the lamb and ordered the 'grouper' to go... And the mashed potatoes were like heaven.

The food was great and the staff made the experience even more enjoyable. I highly recommend this restaurant and we'll be back again.

We just moved here 30-days ago after making numerous trips here... And since we've been here, we've been hitting up restaurants each day for lunch/dinner. So far, this place ranks #1 in my book and we've eaten at over 20 places since being here... Don't know how I missed this place on the previous visits!

4  Thank Cartess3
There are newer reviews for Le Clos

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This place is excellent and the best restaurant on the island. We had the grouper special, scallops and tuna and all were excellent. The wine list specials are top notch and the service is outstanding. It is also very reasonably priced for such fine cuisine. The chocolate cake is a must.

3  Thank hmseminole
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

So the warm goat salad was dry, the meat loaf was tasteless and the service was SLOW. What's #1 about that? Nice atmosphere, friendly enough server but very slow. We ordered straight from menu nothing different. Wasn't as booked as they tried to project. Will try somewhere else next time

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Couldn't have been better -- Everyone in the group (8) had an excellent meal. We closed the place down -- be sure to make reservations for a group.

2  Thank David H
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We ate at Le Clos on our second-to-last night on Amelia Island, and it was perhaps the best restaurant we enjoyed during our weeklong stay. The food is French, although I'm no expert on French cooking it was FABULOUS. The restaurant itself is a very close and intimate setting of tables in a small dining room. (Probably not best-suited for very small children.) The staff, including the manager (Julie) is always nearby to take care of your every need.

As I recall, they had some very nice bread on the table, which I bypassed in favor of my vichyssoise (potato) soup, which was out-of-this world good. I mean, you can tell when a soup is home made versus out of a can, and this was no contest...my "soup of the week."

For my main course, I enjoyed an entrée of scallops which were perfectly broiled and placed on small beds of seasoned greens. These were then arranged around a neatly wound cylinder of pasta, seasoned and topped with a little tomato. It was absolutely amazing...just as nice for the visual display as it was on the taste buds.

Speaking of visual effects, the owners/managers of Le Clos have spent a lot of time ensuring that their restaurant is also aesthetically pleasing. Even the doors to the bathrooms are painted in some amazing artwork. (See my photo below.)

If you go (which I highly recommend), get a reservation, and then say hello to Julie, the friendly and ever-present "matron-d." (I just made up that term!) She, along with her staff, will ensure that you have a wonderful time.

4  Thank Larry W