“Stay away!”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
Kissimmee, Florida
“Stay away!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This was a complete nightmare! First of all, it's in need of some upgrades- the bathroom is so tiny and antiquated and definitely not wheel chair friendly- aren't there codes in Florida? Needs an overhaul! After waiting a bit to be seated , she took us to the upstairs dining which by the way would have been nice if they would have asked us if we had any issues with climbing stairs, and then began the drama! Our waiter informed us that the kitchen was backed up and he couldn't take our order right away but could give us drinks. So being wet and cold from the rain, I ordered a hot cup of coffee. I took one sip and nearly threw up! It was a luke warm bitter cup of sludge! When the waiter came back and finally took our order, he apologized and said he would make a fresh pot. So he knew he was serving me sludge? On to the food. We were at the annual Shrimp festival so we ordered peel and eat shrimp( bowl) along with shrimp and grits grilled and shrimp wraps. Nearly 30 minutes later we were brought a tiny bowl with 6 shrimp- for $10.99!!!! Are you kidding me! Then some time later another girl brings food to our table but wasn't ours! So she said well it's shrimp and grits so my husband took it but it was fried not grilled and no shrimp wraps!!! His food sat 20 minutes until the manager came and asked if everything was ok- I said well we've been here one hour and I still don't have my food!!! She apologized and said she would give my husbands food for half off and bring another one. When I asked about 6 shrimp for $10.99 she actually told me they raised the prices for that weekend! Ok so taking advantage of people is so not cool! My food finally came as did another plate of shrimp and grits. On my wrap- cheese which was not supposed to be on the wrap! Disaster! Time spent almost 2 hours! I suggest not wasting your time!!!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Disappointed!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Went for an early dinner. After placing our order it took 45 minutes to get fried shrimp and baked potato. Both were cold and the baked potato was left over from last night as it was hard and had been reheated!! Coleslaw was gross. The best part of the meal was the ice tea!! NEVER Going back!!! Youve got to do better than that, particularly if you are going to make customers wait for45 minutes for their meal!!

• Visited May 2014
Sugar Valley, Georgia
“It was OK”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family and I visited the Crab Trap for the first time on last trip to the island. My son in law had the pasta which he said was very goood, and my daughter had the casserole which I thought was ok. I had the blue crab soup which was not to bad, but a little overpriced as it was mostly broth and butter, and my husband had the seafood platter.The food on the platter was ok, but I've had better fried seafood there on the island. It wasn't very busy, but the service was slow and we had to ask for refills when we got them. Honestly, we probably won't go back.

• Visited April 2014
Butler, Tennessee
“Good , but could be better”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Service was slow, especially the drink service--one was so late ,sent it back .Food arrived w/o a long wait but finding server was hard.
Had the seafood for two , really was not enough for two full meals but it was good and the variety was pretty good.
Not one of the better seafood places on the island for our trip

• Visited April 2014
Houston
“Locally harvested shrimp (not farm raised)!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

YUM! Great stop for lunch or dinner. If you like a great shrimp dinner or lunch, this is the place to go! We had lightly breaded shrimp, coleslaw, hush puppies and cheese grits. Small, intimate place in the historic district.

Visited April 2014