“Not impressed”

The Crab Trap
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and operated since 1979! Please visit our website to see our full menu and more information!Casual dining in an eclectic, nautical atmosphere with friendly staff and a variety of tasty choices.Lunch AND Dinner served 7 days a week starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm. Serving fresh local seafood: blackened, broiled, grilled or fried; also chicken, steaks, and raw oysters year-round. A Kid's Menu with plenty of choices. And NOW featuring a "Smaller Catch" Menu for those looking for a lighter meal!Beer, wine, cocktails at TWO Full Bars...be sure to visit the upstairs Sunset Bar with views of the Fernandina Beach Marina while you're here!Reservations not required, but call-aheads for parties of 10 or more are greatly appreciated.
Georgia
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I don't normally leave bad or neutral reviews, but I did want to leave a little something. I love seafood, I mean I LOVE Seafood, but this restaurant did not impress me at all. The fried seafood was soggy, the wait time was insane and too many children running around to enjoy our meal. We will not return to this location. Others seem to enjoy the atmosphere and the food, but it wasn't for us.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Amanda_and_Javier

Alexandria, Virginia
“Simply OK”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Probably best to avoid the Crab Trap during holiday weekends. Dinner was OK, but it took a very long time to get served and the seafood was not adequately cooked. The waitress did her best, but we still found ourselves waiting and waiting for food. Someone decided the bread encrusted french fries were good to serve so while we see it a lot these days, as soon as the fries become tepid they are just plain bad. In summary,to be fair I'll give the Crab Trap another, but not during a holiday weekend.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Surfrat50
Pennsylvania
“More Fish Dip, Please!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The fish dip in this restaurant is absolutely a must try. It was so good that I would have been contented to just eat the saltines and the dip. But then, the seafood sampler plate that we ordered arrived. The grilled fish and shrimp I rate 5/5. They were perfectly cooked and the marinade has the tangy sweetness that I like. The deviled crab and hush puppies were okay. I'm not really crazy about these food in general. Those who like them may think differently. I would definitely come back to eat here when the chance comes.

• Visited May 2014
Clemmons, NC
“Good Seafood”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The atmosphere was what you would expect in a seafood restaurant at the beach. The food was very good and the service was excellent.

Visited May 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“The Crab Trap Needs Some Improvement”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I could not get beyond the fact that my table was sticky from not being cleaned properly to trust the cleanliness of the establishment. If I had not been there with visitors from out of town I would have promptly left and not ordered anything. Service was slow and we had to wait on a table. So all things considered, I will not be going back.

• Visited July 2013