Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Marietta, Georgia, United States
“great”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My Family and I stayed 3 nights. The hotel is a great location to the beach, Fort Clinch, and historic downtown Fernandina. Breakfast was great and staff very friendly. We will definitely come again!

1 Thank Shanna M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Turkish first
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I booked three rooms at this Hotel. I booked one for myself, a second for my son, his wife and two young boys and a third for my foster son and his girlfriend. My son and his wife had a room adjacent to mine so the two boys could go back and forth between the rooms. We had visited family on Saturday, June 23, on Amelia Island and had planned to return for brunch and a day at the beach on Sunday, June 24. Unfortunately, when my son and daughter awoke, they were covered with red bites. When they looked at their bedding they found BED BUGS walking across their sheets and pillowcases. We checked the boys and they also had bites as they had played on the beds in both rooms. We discretely alerted staff. As my daughter in law and the boys are spending the summer in GA, they had several suitcases of clothes with them. So faring that we could track these bugs to our family's condo or our homes in Atlanta, Detroit and Laredo, we took the suitcases, wrapped in garbage bags, to the laudromat. We vacuumed the cars. But we didn't visit family for fear of infecting their house with BED BUGS. All this was a bad end to a short visit together. To make matters worse, the Manager will refund the cost of my son's room but says he cannot refund the cost of all three rooms. All of us were inconvenienced as was my family on Amelia who had a brunch and special day planned for us. I had not planned to post this review until after repeated contact with the Manager from Expedia/AARP, Corporate and my family resulted in a very unsatisfactory response. I dont think I should have to pay for three rooms geven these circumstances.

Room Tip: Dont stay there. The Manager doesn't get it that BED BUGS are a serious problem.
16 Thank tglisson_12
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2012

rooms were spaciuos, perfect for a family. location was very convenient to beach and historic area. breakfast was plentiful...staff very helpful. definately will stay again !

Room Tip: no 2 bed ocean view rooms, only king has ocean view.
1 Thank eem2000
Tucker, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed 5 nights here in June.Had a 3rd floor oceanv iew room. Was great. Hotel is clean and friendly. Would recdommend it to anyone. We willstay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank c0mmanderray
Waycross, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My family had a wonderful stay. We had two suites on the 3rd floor, which gave us an amazing view of the Ocean. Our children loved having the choice of the pool, the beach which is across the parking lot, a nice play ground which is at main beach, putt putt golf, and volly ball nets. There is a Flash Foods convient store right next door and the entrance to Fort Clinch is also right next to Comfort suites. They have 5 bikes that are only $15 a day and we enjoyed riding down town to the historical part of the island and the marina, watching the boats come in.The bikes are also great for riding in Fort Clinch state park. The rooms, staff and stay was perfect and my family and I will be staying here on all our Amelia Island stays. Thanks for making our stay great....

Room Tip: 3rd floor is great for the view of the ocean
1 Thank Shelley R
manassas, va
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed there in June 2012. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was nice and displayed a friendly and professional attitude. The hostess named Amanda was extremely helpful and always had a smile for every guest.

The rooms are fairly spacious and I had no problem with the cleanliness of the establishment.
The location is approximately a 5 minute walk to the beach and really close to the downtown historic district.

In short, I liked it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank EurekaManassas_Va
Galloway, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We checked in late on Sat night June 9th. My husband and I had taken showers and I had gotten into bed first and then my husband got in bed and put his feet in the sheets and felt something and we pulled the sheets back and low and behold there was mens balled up dirty underwear. My husband and I were horrified, obviously the maid didn't change the sheets, just straightened the bed to make it look like it had been changed. We called front desk immediately and a lady and man came and changed the sheets The lady was very apologetic and the man said nothing but a quick sorry as he walked out the door. We later found out that the man was in fact the manager, but didn't even let us know or try to address what happened. I asked to speak to the manager before we checked out on the 11th but he wasn't there. We did fill out comment card and later that day we did get a call from a manager that was higher up and he said that was unacceptable and said he would take 20% off our bill. I did report this to their corporate office and the manager did send us an e-mail offering 20% off our next stay....no thanks!! It is such a shame, as this hotel sits 1 block from ocean and has really nice views.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Connie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#6 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation

Been to Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island? Share your experiences!