“ok stay”

Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here June 25 and June 26.
I made reservations through Choice Privileges for a handicapped room.
When we checked in I was told we would only have the room for one night.
Scott who checked us in made a phone call and we were able to have same
room for both nights. Scott was great.
The room was ok. Had a view of the ocean. The hallways were hot.
The pool was small which was fine. There were only 3 people in it.
Enjoyed breakfast in the AM.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Myself and family have been coming here for several years and the staff has always been above and beyond. But the past visit was a little different I checked in on wed July 17th late in the afternoon. I was at the front desk and heard someone talking and I didn't see anyone so I rang the bell and a young girl came from the back and said can I help you. As she was putting her cell phone down. She was then extremely rude when I asked if they had the double on the Oceanside open. She said no and was hateful. We checked in and went to our room. Them asked about a place to eat dinner and she was on the phone again. I don't see how a hotel runs like this with ppl so rude at the front desk.

The next morning in the breakfast we were greeted by a very friendly breakfast attendant. I give the breakfast ppl 2 thumbs up. And the girl at the front desk during the day was a blessing we asked for a few extra items and some chairs for the beach and she was great. She had some great tips for dinner places too. We went to a near by place called sliders seaside grill and they were great. But as we came back to the hotel that night there the rude girl was again. She didn't even greet us as we walked in she was on the cell phone and this time yelling at someone.

Over all we would like to stay again. But the evening front desk girl could use a attitude change.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a king room facing the ocean on the second floor. We could see the ocean and overlooked "main beach" a lovely public park. It was just a short walk to the beach. The room was your average motel room. There was hot breakfast. As other reviewers have mentioned the pool is extremely small. I usually like to swim laps but that wouldn't work well here Overall it filled the bill for an overnight stay while traveling elsewhere.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed Friday July 19th when I first arrived it was a little early. I understood that check in wasn't until 4pm so no big deal. The lady at front desk was rude, when I first showed up. lets say I think it was 1pm she told me she could try to get me in at 3 so I came back. 2pm almost 3 I am there and she then tells me no I won't get you in until 4 which is very reasonable considering it is your check in time. The way she talked to me her attitude was very unnecessary I was being understanding but she was still giving me attitude. There was another lady up there I believe housekeeper with the different uniform who was very pleasant. She was very persistent and came to me anytime I needed help during my entire stay. I complimented her. The breakfast was terrific. Patsy loves her job you can tell. I hope to be staying again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We added a beach day to our recent cruise and found this hotel. The rooms were spacious and nice, it is uber close walking distance to beach. The breakfast was standard complimentary, nothing special. The front desk staff was lacking in service. When we checked in the girl was more interested in playing on her phone with some guy standing at the desk than helping us. Same was true for the girl we encountered the next morning. We did have a plesant helpful xchange with the girl in the evening who recommended a restaurant for us. The carpet in the hall is just gross!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoannH906
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel was clean and convenient. We had a room that faced the ocean and we could actually see the water. It was an easy walk to the beach. Little to no traffic. For some reason, we were given a handicapped accessible room so it was much bigger than I was expecting. The ladies that were running the complimentary breakfast were very friendly and helpful. The price to stay was lesser than other places we have stayed on the island. The pool is very small. Luckily, we went swimming when there was no one else in the pool so it didn't seem as small. I had stayed in a Comfort Inn in April and for some reason, both that hotel and this hotel had terrible WiFi signal unless you were on the first floor or near the pool. However, if I had to stay here again or not get to stay at the beach, I would choose this hotel. Very convenient to Ft Clinch and Downtown.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

At the last minute we decided to drive up to Fernandina beach for some R & R. We stayed here two nights. Choice Hotels never fail me. I called them as we were driving up. They had one king room available. Using my AAA. were able to get a reduced rate plus I was able to get more points with my Choice card. We had a nice view of the beach from our room. Everything thing was perfect. Easy check in and out. The breakfast hostess was pleasant and helpful. The front desk even gave us a discount card to use at different places. House keeping was excellent. Yes we will be going back. There is much to see and do there in Fernandina.

1  Thank amdfla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
2 mi away
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
2 mi away
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#4 of 13 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island? Share your experiences!