“A great find!”
Review of 29 South Eats

29 South Eats
Reserve with OpenTable
29 South Eats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cross street: Ash
Canton, North Carolina
“A great find!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am an arts/crafts vendor, and participated in this past weekends' Shrimp Festival in Fernandina Beach. Saturday ended up being a CHALLENGING day full of heavy rain all day long. Both my boyfriend and I were soaked to the gills by late afternoon. Thankfully, he happened to see the outside menu at this restaurant, and saw that they had "lobster mac 'n cheese." He went over, got an order, and brought it back to my booth. It was to DIE for!!! When I opened it up, the STEAM rolled out. PERFECT comfort food for a chilly, rainy afternoon. There was enough for the both of us, and included a side salad. We enjoyed it so much, that I sent him over again on Sunday for our lunch - this time we got the grilled fish sandwich, and again we were not disappointed. My only regret is that we didn't have the opportunity to visit the restaurant for a "sit-down" meal. If what we ordered for 2 take out meals over the weekend is any indication of the other items on the menu, then it's a winner for SURE. Thank you, 29 South, for providing some "comfort" on a REALLY chilly, rainy, Saturday when it was required that we be out in the elements. We will definitely go back again!!

• Visited April 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Fried Green Tomatoes”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I had dinner at 29 South Eats last weekend for our 1st wedding anniversary. We sat outside on the porch, Ian was such a joy to have as our server! He was absolutely fantastic to speak with and provided some excellent recommendations on food selections. We opted for the fried green tomatoes and chefs daily special, a crostini with sautéed collards and fried shrimp. Both were amazing. For dinner we both chose the shrimp and grits and we both agreed they were the best we ever had. The grits were light and fluffy, the sauce was creamy and slightly smoky with slices of andouille sausage. This restaurant is farm to table and locally grown. I would recommend 29 South to anyone.

Online reservations are a MUST. Book early.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TommyHubs
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Kind of a disappointment”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We are visiting my BIL who has lived in Fernandina for almost 20 years and he picked this place. He had been here before and had a lot of positive things to say about it.

We were seated and our server came and took drink orders and then disappeared for a while. After she returned with the bottle of wine she disappeared again for some time.
Among the four of us I had the short ribs, my wife had the scallops and my BIL had the pork chop and his SO had the "salad on the rocks" and the mac and cheese

All of us thought the food was "OK" but really nothing to get excited about. The only exception was the "coffee and donut"desert which both of the ladies raved about.

Nothing about the experience was bad. Just nothing other than the desert that would make us want to come back

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank scotchandice
“Great outdoor seating”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great restaurant, eclectic food choices, local brewed beers and wonderful staff. Highly recommended . Can be hard to get into for dinner! plan ahead

Visited April 2014
Livingston, New Jersey
“Middle of the Road”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The food was good. The service was good. I couldn't give a better review because:
1. They ran out of food, and 2. They ran out of beers. Did I mention that it was a Wednesday night. Who runs out of food and drinks on a Wednesday night?

• Visited April 2014