“Fantastic new addition to Fernandina” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palate - CLOSED

Palate
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fantastic new addition to Fernandina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I ate here last night and had a great experience. Great service, wonderful food, and fabulous hand crafted drinks. Really like how they offer 1/2 portions for some of their entrees. And, they are also open for lunch! We'll be back to try their lunch menu soon and definitely recommend this restaurant for dinner. They also have a kids menu.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mcabelb

“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Palate was just what my husband and were looking for yesterday. Great oysters on the half shell and amazing grilled Caesar salad! The chef puts a terrific twist on what would normally be just an ordinary dish. And the libations created by the bartenders - wow! Try the Blackberry Julep - it's awesome! Great atmosphere and top notch service! Make a point to dine at Palate. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
Amelia Island, Florida
“Overpriced and disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had heard good things about Palate so we tried it with friends. The menu is very limited. All entrees over $30. My husband and I both chose an appetizer and salad. All was well presented. My husband chose wine by the glass. We did tell the waiter it was bad, at the end of the meal. The waiter made no effort to credit our bill, or even apologize. Our friend had an entree. It was well presented but a small portion. Too many other good options in Fernandina to go back ehere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Burlview
St. Simons Island Georgia
“Treat yourself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had lunch here with my husband. They had a special glass wine list in honor of World Cup with wines from different countries. I had the shrimp and bacon bisque which my husband gobbled half of. He got the seared ahi tuna with blood orange balsamic dressing on greens. I got the Cajun snapper sandwich with slaw served with herb flavored chips. The food was to die for! The service was also spectacular. Our waitress Deborah smiled and gave recommendations was very accommodating when I wanted to change tables. Frankly everything was great and I can't wait to go back. Lunch was 48.00 and I had appetizer and wine etc....treat yourself!

fernandina beach
“A great improvement over the previous restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went here for lunch with my wife and her mother while we were out doing some shopping. There weren't any other people there at first as they had just opened, but a few people came in while we were eating. We were greeted with a friendly smile by our host, Matt. He took our drink orders and had them out quickly. The menu is a little limited, but the options all looked fairly good to us so it took us a few minutes to decide what we wanted.

I ordered the burger and my wife and mother-in-law had the pineapple salad and a shrimp quesadilla, The food came out in good time and we were all very pleased with our choices. The burger, in my opinion, was cooked perfectly. The salads were very pretty and both of the ladies loved them. I tried some of the quesadilla, but found it a little spicy for my taste though other tan the spice it tasted great. I can't remember how much it came too, but we all agreed for the price we paid it was worth it. The dinner menu is a little more expensive but we are eager to return to try it as well.