“Helpful staff”

Sliders
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 July 2014

First of all, let me just say Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach is such an amazing place. The beach is great. So great, in fact, that my husband decided to drive our car on the beach one night. I told him, "I don't think my car can handle this sand." He reassured me that my car will be fine. We get 10 feet from the entrance to the beach and.... We ARE stuck. After much effort on our own, asking some nearby fisherman for help, and yet again trying on our own to get unstuck....our Infiniti FX 35 just seemed to sink deeper in the sand. We gave up. We ran into Sliders and asked for help, hoping for the best, but really just expected to get the number of a local tow truck.
All of the sudden, news spread. A server told us "I have a friend with a truck... He can help you." Another server said "I have rope!" Those suggestions were great, but it turned out all the servers coming together was the solution. Dylan, Kung Pow, Jones, Rob, And Jake all dropped what they were doing (the restaurant was closing) and pushed our car out of the sand. It was Southern hospitality at its best. I'll never forget their kindness.

1  Thank Stacy D
Corey C, Manager at Sliders, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thats what its all about here. Im happy to see that the teamwork and kindness we share in the workplace spreads to those outside of it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,550)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Have been living on the island for the summer and happen to live a walks distance away from this place so I've been quite a bit. Everytime the bar service was unbelievably slow and the bartenders have always been dry and fake. Not exactly building loyal clientele with me or their tip when they bring me my check. However last night when I went I sat at a table jnstead of up at the bar and experienced a much different service than I even knew Sliders was capable of. Kevin was very warm and down-to-earth. It was so incredibly crowded but he made it a point to check back with us and keep an engaging smile. Thank you!

1  Thank MVest93
Corey C, Manager at Sliders, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I apologize and will work with the bartenders on your experiences at the bar, but I am excited that Kevin gave your the experience you deserve and performed as we expect every member of our team to perform. Next time your in ask for myself for any more questions, concerns, or comments. Thanks again for your continued visits.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Everyone was in the Holiday Spirit for July 4th.. Servers were dressed in Red, White and Blue. Cute and friendly as well as professional and helpful. My son and girlfriend ate there the afternoon before and highly recommended we all go back. We had fried pickles, burgers, and my wife and I had two different salads. Order the Romalade sauce... even if your entre does not require it. Dip your French Fries.

2  Thank TerryMc11
Corey C, Manager at Sliders, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you so much for enjoying your holiday with us at Sliders. We are excited that your enjoyed your time here as much as we did.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ate at Sliders twice in one week while vacationing in Fernandina Beach. Jones, our server, was extremely attentive and helpful. This is a beautiful restaurant right on the beach with a perfect view, delicious menu and impressive bar, live music at nights, outdoor playground in the sand for kids, and a clean & comfortable atmosphere. All around, a great dining experience!

1  Thank haelly m
Corey C, Manager at Sliders, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks alot for enjoying your time on Amelia Island with us at Sliders. We are excited that you enjoyed your experience and Jones is a rockstar and great member of our family.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

A cheeseburger and fries in the auburn sunset
A waiter named Cliff, who would be hard to forget
His friendly smile and service meant the world
During the sha-la-la's of "Brown Eyed Girl"

2  Thank Sk627
Corey C, Manager at Sliders, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

This is honestly one the greatest reviews I've had the pleasure to respond to. We are excited that your loved your experience with us and Cliff is happy that you appreciate his skills.