“Adrenaline Rush” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skydive Amelia Island

Skydive Amelia Island
Ranked #25 of 36 Tours in Fernandina Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Skydive Amelia Island is the only Tandem Skydive Center on Amelia Island. We operate year round and enjoy the best view and the best staff in Florida! Find us on the web, FaceBook and YouTube.
Jacksonville
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Adrenaline Rush”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My lifelong dream of Skydiving was finally crossed off my bucket list on Sunday, July 13th. The tandem was exhilarating! My jump partner Randy made me feel at ease telling me step by step what to do, what would happen next, etc. The plane ride was fabulous and provided great views of the town of Fernandina and the Beach. The jump was easy and the free fall was everything I hoped it would be! I was expecting a little bump when we landed and Randy literally just set us right on the ground! It was a piece of cake! Can't wait to do it all again!! I highly recommend this!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Patricia S

Norfolk Island, Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“Professionally Run Adrenaline Pumping Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Whilst exploring the beautiful island of Amelia just off the coast of Florida & Georgia we came across Sky Dive Amelia Island. The wife and I had always had the inclination to tandem jump, but have in the past had our reservations. After asking around town, researching their website and Facebook we were confident we had found a company to jump with. Many questions I had were answered on their website; I went out anyway to meet the guys to ask a few more and make a reservation if we felt comfortable. The guys couldn't have been more professional, assuring and fun, not to mention the DZ is one of the most scenic and awe inspiring. The 15 minute plane ride up was spectacular with panoramic views over the Florida/Georgia coastline.
My wife exited the aircraft securely attached to owner/operator Darren Lewis, and I exited with Dale Carter both experienced United States Parachute Association (USPA) qualified instructors and great fellas for an exhilarating skydive at 120mph. Freefalling and parachuting with views over St. Mary’s and Cumberland Island, GA as well as Fort Clinch State Park, Atlantic/Jacksoville Beaches was an adrenaline rush like no other - really heart in the mouth stuff, and an experience that ended all too soon, we both wanted it to go on forever. The staff of Amelia Island Skydive clearly enjoy what they do, and couldn't have been more welcoming or safety conscious. We're both now hooked on skydiving, and would definately go back to jump again.

Visited June 2014