“Close to the beach and great staff!”

Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Close to the beach and great staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I stayed from Friday June 24th to the morning of the 26th. This hotel was very nice and offers complimentary breakfast. Nothing to rave about (microwave bacon – yuk!) but it is filling and free so you can’t really complain! The location is very close to the beach, not to be confused with the Hampton in historic downtown. Upon check in, the staff gives you a variety of pamphlets describing what to do and good places to eat. We even received a “value card” that could be used for discounts around the island. The room was clean and did not smell like wet dog, despite it being a pet friendly hotel. I was pleased with this. Nice amenities (free internet is always a plus) and the staff were always very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tybee Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

This was a very pleasant stay. Very nice, comfortable beds, the room and bathroom was very clean and smelled nice. : ) The lady at the front desk was there when we checked in and during our check-out. At check-in the phone was ringing continuously and several of us were at the counter to check-in. She very politely and graciously acknowledged each one of us and answered the phone in a very professional and pleasant manner, although I know she must have been very frustrated at the time and had to call for assistance at the counter. She certainly deserves recognition.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We were at Amelia Island for a family occasion. This is a superb place with very good value. We had aregular room and a handicapped accessable room. There is a pool and the hotel supplies beach toys for the kids, boogie boards etc. for the beach which is just down the street about a long city block away. In particular we would like to mention Ava Howard who was at the front desk. She is a delightful person, quite friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RMHBJH
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

The Hampton Inn at Fernandina Beach

The Good:
Clean
Plenty of parking
Pet Friendly
Friendly Staff
Convient to Beach - 1 long block away

The Not so Good:
The complimentary breakfast is not good.
Due to lack of an available room with a king sized bed, we were given a roon with two queen beds.This made the room kingd of crowded and awkward to get around
No place to hang wet beach items - swim suits, towels. This would not have been as much of an issue but they state that they provide beach towels for guest but ran out of beach towels on our stay.
Did I mention tha the compliemntary breakfast is not good

This is my first trip to Amelia Island and I would stay at the Hamption Inn at Fernandina Beach again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChillMutt
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
First let me thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. I look forward to your return visit and talking to your personally regarding your comments regarding this past visit. I'm so sorry you were not able to get the room type you hoped for. It was not clear if you had a reservation or if you made a last minute decision to visit. On the weekends, especially with our beach location, we fill up quickly and have limited room types for our walk-in guests. I apologize for not having beach towels available for you. We rarely run out of beach equipment, but do try to tell all our guests that the beach equipment including beach towels, are available on a first come first served basis. Obviously you did not like our complimentary breakfast bar. I wish you had brought it to our attention while you were at the hotel. Hampton dictates our breakfast selection, but is always open to guests' opionions.

Again, I do look forward to your return visit and I hope I am able to speak with you personally regarding your experience.

Khelia Todd
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

I was planning on coming and staying here with my boyfriend to attend a wedding for mutal friends. i booked the reservation months in advance. As the date grew closer i knew we were not going to need one of the nights. As result i called the Hampton Inn in the hopes of simply cancelling one of my two reserved nights. After someone answered the phone not identifing themselves and asked what i needed, I explained i needed to cancel one of my nights. After much typing she said ok would you like the number. I said sure, thinking she had found my confirmation number that I didn't have on me. When I then explained I needed to cancel one of my nights I got the reply "well i wish you would have told me that earlier." I then said well i am sorry but you never really gave me the chance. She said nothing until i asked if i could re-reserve my room. Then she said fine and put me on hold for 5 mintues. She came back on the line and after much wheel spinning i had to re-reserve the room. I didn't have my card on me (as i was on a lunch break) so I said i will have to call back, to which she said ok fine and hung up. Understandaly there are bad seeds in ever business but i don't think that is how you deal with customers when you didn't quite fulfill your job responsibilities to begin with.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
First let me apologize for your experience. My first thought was that quite possibly you had our hotel confused with another property. There are two Hampton's on the island. We pride ourselves on our outstanding guest service (both inhouse and prospective). Certainly the service you received fell very short of our expectations or any hotel's expectations. If you read other reviews, you see that our staff always receives very favorable reviews. I do hope that you will give as an opportunity in the future to prove to you our committment to all our guests.

Khelia Todd
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

Highlights - Ultra-clean room, friendly staff that really knows what they are doing, good breakfast, comfortable beds, nice ammenities, close to beach, restaurants, shopping, plenty of parking. This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I have stayed at. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CableCarBelle
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Great Staff!! Extremely helpful and gracious.

Location is perfect. Near beach and good restaurants. Stayed a night on way to Palm Beach, FL. Enjoyed it so much we came back on way North and stayed another two nights.

Staff friendly and great about things to see and restaurants. Loved this place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,369 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,391 reviews
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#10 of 11 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#11 of 11 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!