“Nice hotel, dog friendly, and close to the beach”

Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Nice hotel, dog friendly, and close to the beach”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were traveling with one of our dogs and he got a very nice welcome, including a welcome kit. We usually don't travel with our dog and honestly wouldn't have noticed that this was a dog friendly hotel except when we saw other dogs. The pet friendly room they gave us on the 1st floor seemed liked a normal Hampton room - there were no funny smells or stains. I was surprised that dogs were allowed on the beach, so we went for a nice sunset walk with him.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? Well first of all I notice the Hampton brand has slowly gone downhill in the last few years. If I use my Hilton Honors points I'm guaranteed to get the worst room in the place. We arrived at about 7:30 and were given room 202 . When we walked in the room we were taken aback by a very heavy room deodorizer / chemical smell which quickly made me start sneezing. My wife sat on the chair and found it to be wet, the fridge had old food in it also. My first thought was that someone must have smoked in this non smoking room and they were trying to get the smell out of it but I couldn't figure out the wet chair. I went down to see about getting a different room but the clerk said they didn't have any more rooms until I told him I was going to a different place then miraculously he found me one. The place is old, dirty and the breakfast foods were either gone or looked like someone walked through them by 8:30 when I got down there. I can't figure out the good reviews for this place. People's standards must be deteriorating.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tom C
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. Outstanding service and amenities should be what you expect and we regret to hear that your room conditions were not up to our standards. We appreciate your feedback and are working with our housekeeping and front office teams to make the necessary improvements to our processes. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope we can invite you back to experience our true Hamptonality.

Warm regards,
Khelia Todd
General Manger
West Palm Beach, FL
Reviewed 27 September 2013

When making the trip from West Palm Beach, FL to NC, Amelia Island/Fernandina is my halfway point as make this trip many times. I also have relatives in the area and prefer to stay at a hotel. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn on 19 S 2nd St Fernandina Beach; however, have had very bad experiences three different times, so this time decided to try the Hampton Sadler location---was an excellent choice. It was pouring rain and called from cell to the Sadler location. Katherine was very nice and answered my questions and made reservation over phone. She was prompt, courteous, and very friendly upon arrival (after driving in the rain for 6 hrs and checking in that evening after 9 pm). I also inquired about the tapas restaurant next door (which was great, by the way and they offered me a discount when mentioning I was staying at the Hampton Inn). I would highly recommend this hotel over the other Hampton Inn due to following: Sadler has an excellent front desk - friendly and recognizes the Hilton Honor Status, and the AAA; the hotel is updated with nice furnishings, and love the lounge/breakfast area, and best of all ---the A/C in the room. This is a big plus for me as want it cool, and able to leave the Fan on high on the AC at all times (versus auto which wakes you up like the old one at the other 2nd Street Hampton Inn). I was offered a nice first floor room with sitting area. I am highly allergic and at other brands stay in Allergy Free Pure rooms, so was delighted to see the humidifier and love the running which helps me sleep. The bed was heavenly and slept great, no noise, and good Wi-Fi signal. I was planning on bike riding and a morning beach walk; however, was still raining the next morning. (maybe next trip) I will definitely stay at the hotel every trip to Amelia Island. Ideal location, clean, and near the beach. (I am in the hotel business as principal of an online marketing consulting firm for brand and independent boutique hotels, so service is of the utmost importance!)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were there during the blues festival. We had an awesome time and will definitely stay here again or refer anyone else. It was a great location. Close to the beach and close to many good restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This Hampton Inn was a really nice experience at a great location. This is one of the few Hampton Inns that are dog-friendly and welcome pets. The staff is always very pleasant and accommodating. The beach is a short walk - also pet friendly. Outstanding breakfast provided with lots of choices. We love being at this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Location and amenities are great, Malea and Ava-front desk, as well as some of the breakfast and housekeeping staff are EXCELLENT.. Have a few employees just there to make their money and get their shift over with... (as is custom today, unfortunately..)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Orlando V
Atlatna, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This Hampton Inn is a very nice hotel with friendly staff. It is located just one block from the Beach...... excellent location. Also; it isvery close to everything you want to see on the Island. It is a Dog freiendly Hotel so you will see lots, and lots of Dogs:):)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank E A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,387 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,413 reviews
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!