“Great Visit”

Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently had the pleasure to stay at the beautiful hotel with my family over a long weekend. The property and staff were fantastic, so of the best I have encountered. The location is very close to the beach (2 minute walk---at most). Great Hotel--try it out!

1  Thank Tony T

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Not really a fan of this place... its just ok. It feels dirty to me, even though its not really dirty per se. But its little things like trash on the floor of the elevator staying there for more than 48 hours, the doors and walls of the elevator and the guest rooms are dirty with fingerprints... just makes you think they don't clean everything. The air in the hallways feels/smells stale.

The rug in our room is worn (and in hallways too) and looks like they never move the furniture when vacuuming. Pets are allowed in this hotel and had I known that I would not have stayed here. Probably contributes to the worn look and feel and the stale smell. A dog was barking at 2am when we walked into our first floor room which I refused upon entering due to it being on the first floor and it also had a hair on the bed. The room also had a dehumidifier in it which concerned me but its likely that all the rooms need one.

In the room we went to on the 3rd floor we had to keep the air conditioning at 62 in order to combat the humidity. The room always felt humid and warm when we came into it, not cold, and cool like other hotels when I leave the air on. There is no dehumidifier in our room and it needs one. I am very picky about hotel rooms and really prefer to stay at brand new hotels whenever I can. not doing this place again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful though.

1  Thank JMKinSC
AmeliaHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Cleanliness issues or inconsistent service are not acceptable at our hotel. Your detailed comments have helped us identify ways in which we can improve. Please know that we're working to address your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have additional comments or concerns. We hope we can restore your confidence in us and invite you back for a more comfortable experience

We do accept pets and rely on responsible pet owners to monitor their pets' actions. Certainly when the desk is advised of a problem involving a pet we contact the guest immediately to resolve the problem.

I do hope you will give us a second chance on your next visit to our Island

Khelia Todd

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is not fancy, but clean and efficient, accommodating pets, and very (1 block away) from fabulous Amelia Island's beach. Great choice to be at reasonable prices. The staff is friendly and helpful, but you will need to find some arrangement to eat breakfast if you bring your 4-legged to eat with you, since pet are not allowed in the dining area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We've stayed here multiple times before but it had been about 5 years. I stayed on points and the rate was good and the hotel was in great condition for an older Hampton. I was pleased with the cleanliness and while not directly on the beach, it's a very short walk and if you have a 4WD, you can actually drive and park on the beach. For more privacy, I would recommend heading south down the beach about 1/4 mile and you will have all the room you need. We ate in Fernandina so I don't know anything about the restaurants within walking distance.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The person staffing the kitchen does a very good job and is responsive to your needs. It is located about .2 mile from the beach so it is an easy walk. I had hoped it was on the beach but it was not a problem at all. The room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Excellent beach retreat with reasonably low Hilton Honors points requirement of 30 K per night. Very short walk to secluded beaches. Pristine beach area with few tourist traps. Great local restaurants. Definitely a great weekend getaway.

1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions, and I will stay there again. The management & staff are professional & personable, and just all around stellar. The rooms are exceptionally clean, well-appointed, and quiet; and the complementary breakfast is second to none! ... If you are traveling to Amelia Island, this is the hotel in which to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach? Share your experiences!