“Great little get-away!”

Flagler Beach Motel
Ranked #5 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I came here for a get-away weekend and we were looking for something that was not as touristy as the main drags of St. Augustine - Flagler Beach Motel was great! Not only was Peggy very accommodating, but the room was clean and had everything we needed. For the location and the price - this was a great find!

Now if only we could keep this little gem a secret!

Room Tip: These rooms book fast!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave S

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I visit Flagler Beach often. A close friend lives there in a very small house just one block from the beach. I usually just stay with him, but when it's not convenient I'll get a room. We used to stay at the Topaz, but what dump that place has turned into...what a shame. Thanks goodness for The Flagler Beach Motel. The Flagler Beach Motel is what the Topaz used to be. The motel is right accross the street from the beach. It's clean, the rooms are well appointed, the staff are friendly and helpful....and it's American owned. It's a recently renovated motel from likely back in the 50's and it just takes you back to an earlier/simpler time! The pool is clean and well maintained as are the rooms. The property is well maintained as well. It is brightly painted and kept really clean. So, if you ever find yourself in Flager Beach and looking for a place to stay, I would highly recommend the Flagler Beach Motel....it is pure Flagler Beach!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Andycapt
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I happened upon the Flagler Beach Motel one year ago and knew I would be back. Each and every one of these reviews, is true. Wow! The renovations and upgrades are beautifully done. This place was most likely built in the 50's. The walls are heavy plaster - very quiet. Never heard neighbors on either side. Each room - I've seen 4 - has different eclectic colors and designs. The kitchens are large with full size appliances and plenty of kitchen amenities to do basic cooking. The larger studios are perfect for two adults and a child. Four adults would probably be pushing it. Go for the one-bedroom cottages. Any of the rates are completely reasonable and the property staff (Hi Peggy!) you will not forget. This is truly home away from home. There is a good sized pool, a gas grill and a patio area with picnic tables. There are picnic tables outside each room where you can sit, see, hear and smell the ocean. There is the Ocean Grill right next door - excellent breakfast! A small convenience store next to that. Beach access a few steps away, the Flagler Pier is down the road, and the small, quaint town of Flagler, just makes you sigh! This is definitely a return vacation spot for a quick getaway or a larger family vacation. They have rooms for all sizes. Flagler is one of the few beaches left that is dog friendly. Oh- did I forget to mention Flagler Motel is also dog friendly! Just an incredibly great place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MJR214
Reviewed 13 August 2013

A friend found this motel thru trip advisor and we decided to give it a try based on the reviews. It was perfect! The rooms were very very clean and comfortable. Obviously older but very well maintained. Everything we needed at a very reasonable price. Peggy was awesome. The only improvement I can think of is a fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ginny L
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I decided to stay at Flagler Beach Motel because it only had positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed. I stayed for 4 days at an amazing rate. Peggy is so busy cleaning rooms, but she is great, a pleasure to talk to and keeps the place looking great. I really loved that the motel in person matched the pictures posted. I had the small studio that sleeps 4, there was a double bed and a futon. The bathroom was shower only. It was the perfect size for myself, husband, and 7 year old child. Hairdryers are not provided, but all the dishes in the kitchen are. (I found that knowing there was no hairdryer helpful when I read that in someone else's review). The beach is just across the street and the walkover is not even a block away. The Flagler Beach Pier is just over a mile away if you don't mind the walk. I can't wait until we can go here again. I will always stay at Flagler Beach Motel for all my visits to Flagler Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We chose the Flagler Beach Motel based entirely on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. I am 100% satisfied with that choice and so glad I found this place to stay for a couple of nights. I thank all of you who posted reviews for helping me find a little slice of seaside perfection. I wouldn't have been as confident to stay if not for the information provided. Other reviewers have labeled the motel a gem or a treasure and even though it would be cliche at this point to use those words, that is exactly what it is. We stayed in a large studio. There were four of us and there was plenty of room to move around. The kitchen was nice and there were plenty of appliances in this room: a coffee maker, blender, toaster, and dishwasher. The refrigerator has an ice maker. There were enough pots and pans for us to make a meal in the room as well as plenty of silverware, plates, glasses and coffee mugs. The bathroom was very clean and though not huge, it was private from the rest of the studio. The bath towels were fluffy. The TV service was clear and the TV itself was nice. The free wireless was excellent. I have stayed at other chain hotels and the wireless signal is almost nonexistent, but here it is strong in the room, on the porch, or out by the pool. The pool was a good size and there was a gas grill that guests were able to use if they wanted to cook out. The beach is right across the street. You have to walk just a bit to get to the beach access steps, but it is not too bad. There is a convenience store right next door and a restaurant next door to it. If you do not want to walk, the ride to the main drag of Flagler Beach is just a short trip. There are quite a few places to eat in the "downtown" area of Flagler Beach and across the bridge you can find a CVS Pharmacy and a Publix. I felt like staying here was perfect. It was quiet at the motel. We enjoyed sitting on the picnic tables outside our room. Of course, I cannot end my review without giving major compliments to Peggy. She is fantastic! She helped me secure my reservation. I used the online form to request a small studio and she called me back almost immediately to tell me she did not have the small studio, but would I be interested in a large studio. She directed me to the YouTube videos so that I could see my room ahead of time to make sure I was satisfied with the alternate choice. She made check-in super easy. She made sure we happy with our room when we checked in. Peggy offered us information about the area, such as places to eat. She was easy to talk to and friendly. I really felt welcomed by her. She does an amazing job keeping the place looking great. I hope I have convinced you to try it out and I hope you have as wonderful a time as we did staying at the Flagler Beach Motel. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweet_P_of_Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

All the reviews are true! This place is clean, quiet, comfortable and in a great location. It is pet and human friendly. It felt like I was staying at a family members house. Must stay if in Flagler Beach!

• Stayed: July 2013
#2 of 12 in Flagler Beach
Beach Front Motel
Beach Front Motel
#10 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Flagler Beach Motel? Share your experiences!