“Good but Hidden Away Spot for Breakfast”

Sammy Bostons Best Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 79 Restaurants in Flagler Beach
Cuisines: American
Palm Coast, Florida
“Good but Hidden Away Spot for Breakfast”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Sammy's must be passed on by word of mouth (that's how we ended up eating there). It is in a small, nearly deserted strip mall. We were a party of four and were seated immediately. Coffee was offered right away. There is nothing fancy about this place, but the food is good. The 3 other people in my party had pancakes and eggs with the usual sides of bacon and/or sausage. I was hoping for a bowl of oatmeal which is getting harder and harder to find...bingo! I always ask for butter, sugar, syrup, dressing, etc. on the side (I like less) and they got the brown sugar on the side and the butter on the side for my English right. It was hot and yummy. My suggestion to them would be to have some fresh fruit. I asked for that and they don't have it on the menu. Dried cranberries would go a long way for the oatmeal, too! All in all, they made all 4 of us very happy and we will definitely return...as long as the oatmeal stays on the menu!

• Visited January 2014

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Friendly people, plenty of food, good prices”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We eat here several times a month..Service is great and very friendly..Good specials, and they have big muffins as extras..The food comes quickly, always tasty and plentiful..All drinks (coffee, sodas, iced teas) are quickly refilled as needed..The home fries are an acquired taste, fried but good..Apparently this is a Boston thing..Overall a good place for breakfast, and the best prices of all places in the area..

• Visited December 2013
Palm Coast, Florida, USA
“Working my way thru the menu”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The food is excellent, home made and from scratch, the service is fast and attentive - your coffee cup is never empty, and you are never pressured to leave if you want to linger over that fourth or fifth cup of coffee. The family run place has a "sister" restaurant in Massachusetts, and serves both New England specialities like linguica sausage and southern comfort food like biscuits and gravy and grits - and does both types well. Prices are reasonable, and there is a loyal clientele who visit regularly. Count me as one of them, this is now my regular Friday spot, as I work my way thru the menu. The grilled linguica was just like home, and the sausage gravy was nice and spicy!

• Visited November 2013
Palm Coast, Fl
“Nice Little Place”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We eat at Sammy J's fairly regularly. The service and value is outstanding. By the time you sit down, a server is at your table with a pot of coffee. Their breakfast specials are very reasonably priced and the servers friendly and helpful. There is nothing fancy about the place or the meals, so I can not rate it at the highest level, but for value, you can not beat this place for breakfast.

• Visited November 2013
Florida
“Scrumptious Breakfast!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great food, great service, great prices! Recommended to us by our hotel, don't think we would have found it on our own. Went on a Sunday at about 11 and had no problem getting a table. All staff were overly friendly! Coffee cup was never empty! Home fries were delicious! Can't wait to go back again on our next vacation.

• Visited September 2013