“A Perfect Paradise”

GreenLeadersBronze level
RHODE ISLAND
“A Perfect Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2008

I chose this location from several listed on line and hoped I would not be disappointed once we arrived in Florida. From the moment we arrived til the second we departed, I felt like a princess in a fairy tale. The accomodations are exquisite, the veiw breathtaking and the staff makes you feel like you're part of their family. This will be the place we revisit year after year.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank JULESRhodeIsland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
High Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2008

We went to the Island Cottages for our 20th wedding anniversary, and I must say it was wonderful. Very personal attention, beautiful rooms, and magnificent food are all incorporated into this cottage setting. The couples spa was incredibly relaxing and personal. The innkeepers make you feel like old friends. The attention to details makes you appreciate it even more.
Definitely for couples or a girls weekend with friends. I believe the age requirement is 15 or older, but more catered to adults.
We paid $199 per night, which we thought was really good considering what was included.
Flagler Beach is a quaint little beach town with lots to do; in fact, a list of activities and restaurants are in each room, with the comments about the food at the restaurants. Ormond Beach is 15 minutes south and Daytona 30 min. St. Augustine is to the north @ 30 min.
Bicycles and beach chairs are provided by the inn. They have their own gate down to the beach. They also have a heated pool and an absolutely beautiful sitting area with a pond.
Again, we loved it! Jennifer

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank wilkersonjg
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2008

Island Cottage Villas, Flager Beach, Fl.

My wife and I booked this property for a 2 night stay, to include New Years Eve. We have stayed at a number of Bed and Breakfeast's and would rate this one as one of our favorites and are anxious to return. The property was impeccable and our room, the Aruba was just beautiful. It had all the amenities one could ask for, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, flat screen TV, four poster bed and was quite spacious. But it was all the little touches that made the room, paintings, by our host Toni, accent pieces throughout, complimentary wine glasses with Island Cottage logo's as a rememberance and of course the ocean view also helped.
New Years Eve turned out to also be memorable, as Mark and Toni hosted a get together for their guests. This was not mentioned at the time we booked so it was a nice surprise. Free to their guests was plenty of food, wine, music and good times. An additional surprise was Toni entertaining her guests with her singing. Apparently, she is also an accomplished vocalist.
This was one of those getaways where everthing was perfect. Kudo's to Mark and Toni for a wonderful way to bring in 2008.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Billkendall
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2008

We had a very good experience. The people were very friendly and Kyla the Inn Sitter was very entertaining and a wonderful Chef!!! We look forward to returning in the future. There was plenty to do we visited Daytona Beach and St. Augustine and the Villa was perfectly in the middle, a quiet and personal place.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank jbdolphins5
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2007

If you are looking for a relaxing, romantic get-away...look no further!
I just returned from a romantic and relaxing 3 night get-away planned entirely by my husband, I must say he did great to find Island Cottage Villas by the Sea. We often take long weekends to get away and relax, and have stayed at many 5 star resorts and spas; however, this was for me the most relaxed and pampered that I have felt. We stayed at the Aruba Villa, and when I walked in and saw our accommodations I knew this was going to be a great week-end. As wonderful as the pictures on the website look, they do not do justice to the lushness of the accommodations. Toni and Marc are excellent hosts, and go out of their way to make everything comfortable and special for your arrival, let me mention checking in and out are a quick breeze....you won't waste any precious time on this process. I wanted to experience all they had to offer, so I took advantage of the Spa and had massage treatments, which were excellent. We also had dinner at the Tropical Breeze Cafe, the 5 course meal was delicious. There were only about 5 couples dining, no crowded restaurant here....which made the dining experience even more romantic and enjoyable. We loved the private access to the beach, and the seclusion of the beach, no cars or traffic to disturb you. If you are looking for a place where it is quiet, romantic, restful, with lush accommodations and wonderful food...this is a great place. We will most definitely be back and have already recommended Island Cottage Villas by the Sea to our family and friends! See you soon Marc and Toni!

• Liked — Peaceful, and very comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cstjohn50
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2007

My family stayed at Island Cottage Villas by the Sea for the third time and second time in two years. We were extremely impressed with the whole experience. The location is amazing. The villas themselves are luxurious with an attractive patio surrounding a lovely heated pool. We had views of the ocean from our rooms and private access to miles of beautiful sand and beach. I would highly recommend this wonderful getaway.

• Liked — The attention to details and the beauty of the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank Sewingmom
Wandering Soul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2007

Marc and Toni are the most wonderful hosts that I have encountered. I am planning an anniversary stay with them here shortly and I can say that this time I will try to make it out of the romantic suites to more of the convienant attractions, although that is not top priority.
Toni was astonishing in assisting me for my wedding. It was all beautiful. From the exquisite reception meal to the hand-made belgium dipped strawberries and champange. She prepares all of the meals at the onsite cafe', Tropical Seabreeze. She has a flair for culinary arts as well as decor.
I could never praise this place enough. It is definately a steal for the Five Star service you receive. It has seclusion, a private beach, a private pool, fountains,lush meditation gardens and full amenities. I would never dream of staying anywhere else upon visiting Florida.
Looking forward to spending this Anniversary with you guys!!!!

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — I had to leave too soon
  • Tips/Secrets — Book a longer stay
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DarkestBride
SarasotaCoastTravel, Owners at Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach, responded to this review, 16 January 2007
We just saw your review and wanted to thank you for all of your kind words.
Fondly,
#10 of 12 in Flagler Beach
Beach Front Motel
Beach Front Motel
#9 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach? Share your experiences!