“A wonderful location right at the beach!”

Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach
Ranked #3 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at the Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn while celebrating our anniversary. This was our first trip to Flagler Beach, although we know the surrounding area very well. We have had really good luck staying at Select Registry properties, and the Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn is one of the very best we've stayed at.

The property is immaculate! We loved the St. Croix room - the combination of the front sitting room, bedroom and bath made our stay very comfortable. It was awesome to get up early, walk across A1A, go down to the beach and watch the sunrise. The beach was very private, and we only saw a handful of other people during our stay. In addition to the beach, we enjoyed the pool too.

Toni, Mark and Amber were wonderful hosts. My wife loved the anniversary package which included roses and chocolate strawberries. Mark gave us many good suggestions for sites to see in the area. Toni's recommendations for dinner were very good (see my other review for the Chart House in Daytona Beach), and we really appreciated them as we didn't know the area. Breakfasts were quite good, savory one day and very nearly like dessert the next. It's clear that Toni, Mark and Amber are committed to their guests' satisfaction and they don't hesitate to help or make recommendations.

We had a wonderful time and my only regret is that we only stayed two nights!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eph3

Reviewed 11 August 2012

My children gave me gift certficates so we decided to celebrate my birthday at Island Cottage. What a great choice. This is the best B&B we've stayed at and has everything you could ask for--beautiful private beach, pool, gift store, spacious room with a fireplace and jacuzzi. When we arrived, there was music playing in our room and rose petals on the jacuzzi. Toni has a knack of making you feel like you're the most special people there. And wait until you try her breakfasts and cookies! What a treat! If you get a chance, visit this truly wonderful B&B.

Room Tip: We had the ground floor St. Croix suite with a view of the ocean from the bedroom and the patio.
1  Thank June M
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Jill and I just arrived home from our 2 day getaway. The owner Toni, and assistant Amber, went all out to make sure that we had a very special time. We were sorry that we were not able to meet Toni's husband Mark as he was away visiting his mother. The Island Cottage is perfect in every way. Our Aruba suite was truly amazing we could not of asked for anything more! The room was immaculate. It was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had. I don't want to forget to mention the breakfasts that Toni prepared as they were truly amazing and delicious. Stephan & Jill

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just got home from a three day escape to the beach with my wife Laurel. The owners Toni, Mark, and assistant Amber, go all out to ensure a fantastic getaway experience. The Island Cottage is perfect in every way. The room was immaculate with everything we could possibly need for our stay. The pool was great for lounging by after a day at the beach. The beach!! What can I say. Low key, no high rises, walk either way and see just a few people. Turtle nests and tracks in the sand show this is a quiet place. Nature knows best. After your sunrise walk on the beach get ready for the best breakfast you've ever had. Toni has recipes for beautiful, mouth watering, rich breakfasts that you will always remember. Special requests--no problem. My wife is a vegan and even though we dropped in with no reservation, Toni was extremely accommodating. Laurel was so thrilled that finally someone understood her needs and was so kind to fulfill them. We did not say goodbye when we left, we said until we meet again.
Trevor & Laurel

Room Tip: Go to the Island Cottage website.
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We celebrated our anniversary with a four-day weekend here. Knowing it was our anniversary, Toni arranged to have chocolate dipped strawberries, a lovely floral bouquet, rose petals and candlelight in our room when we arrived. The inn itself shows artistic attention to every detail, including samples of Toni's accomplished artwork on the walls. The breakfasts were outstanding every morning, starting out with a beautiful selection of fresh fruit from the local Farmer's Market, juice, and an incredible omelet or stuffed praline French toast. Mark provided interesting suggestions for places to tour, and one day brought us lunch on the beach! We felt pampered and pleased with our stay. And when it came time to leave, I felt as if we were saying good bye to old friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Let me tell you....I and my husband have been choosing more of the upscale, but comfortable B&B's in our recent years. This is by far the most enjoyable and really only one to wanting to come back to on the Atlantic side of Florida. Very personable, home away from home down-to-earth owners/inkeepers.....kudos to Toni and Mark. They are always there for you no matter what, with listening ear and to anything you want to know, of course, about the surrounding areas and even if Toni loves to prepare food, she will recommend where and where not to go for any kind of 'dining'. Of course, we were in a little more upgraded B&B room/suite, but by far I can imagine all of the rest of them are in align just as well in there own realm.

My hubby likes that it is only 15-20 min. on A1A to get to Daytona Beach for Nascar and I just love the color (sand) of the Flagler beach area along with it's beautiful dune-like bluffs. There is another comparable modern B&B farther south, but I think they got them beat "out of the water" if you know what I mean in all amenties and the area its in of what you are looking for. Would like to be back, hopefully, in the near to distant future....and Toni knows that from talking to me.

Thanks to you guys, Sally and Dave

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband an I stayed here for a quick romantic weekend. It was exactly what we were looking for. We live in winter springs fl and wanted to stay somewhat close to home but still feel like we were going on spontaneous romantic weekend getaway. Let me just say that this place is spotless and so clean. You are pampered and made to feel very special. Toni and Mark are amazing people and truly care about your comfort and well being during your whole stay at their fabulous B&B! Although, they make sure you have everything you need for the duration of your stay, they give you space and you feel as though you are there all by yourselves. We will be back soon and completely recommend The Island Cottage Inn to everyone!!! Thank you Toni and Mark!!!!

Room Tip: Go big or stay home that's my motto!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast
The White Orchid Inn and Spa
The White Orchid Inn and Spa
#2 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach? Share your experiences!