“You had me at "Hello"!”

Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach
Ranked #3 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I researched on trip advisor and wanted to go someplace we've never been. As Florida residence we wanted to avoid all the tourist type places. We work tons of hours and just wanted down time, I hate hotels however. So we read reviews and decided on " Ocean Cottage". We ended up getting to Flagler waay early, we killed all the time I could stand ( I was trying to respect the 3:30 check in) we had reserved the Aruba Suite, we pulled in at 3:15 to find a parking space specifically for the Aruba Suite, so wonderful especially after parking experience's at St Augustine Inns. I step out of the car and a pleasant woman working by the pool said " Hi Sherry!" I was certain from that moment that this place was top notch. Valerie was that nice woman, she was the person who checked us in, gave us a tour of the very pristine property . She lead us up to our room and it was beautiful! She proceeded to give us a tour of our room, leading to the bath, and there it was.....jacuzzi tub covered in rose petals, plate of chocolate covered strawberries, and a beautiful rose with a handwritten note for a "Happy Anniversary " . Fast forward... She asked if we had dinner plans, made suggestions, made reservations for us! Made certain we received " anniversary royal treatment" at the restaurant! Toni was so sweet and made us fantastic breakfast every morning! Be sure to get the breakfast package! At the beach proper, where all the restaurants are, are very busy and crowded, her breakfast was filling and fabulous ! Well worth it especially since we hate crowds.we spent day 2 on the beautiful , quiet beach. We walked back to the inn to enjoy the pool. I barely tipped my toe In and Toni was there with a pitcher of iced tea to cool us off! The gift shop was really neat too! Bought fabulous body lotion, and regret not buying more of the " Hawaiin Ginger" soap. Valerie gave me a little sample bar along with flowers when I arranged a massage! That's how we found out she is a massage therapist! They do not push spa services, but if you ask they will let you know of the offerings. This place was very quiet, low key, perfect !

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MIKEANDSHER_12

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn and Spa is a fantastic find. Very well appointed rooms, ocean view and too many to list details all taken care of by the owners Toni and Mark. This is the cleanest, most well maintained resort I have ever seen. The room was perfect down to the rose petals sprinkled around the Jacuzzi and the chocolate covered strawberries.
Our room had a king sized four poster bed, gas fireplace, candles, kitchen, washer dryer and flat screen TV.
According to Karyn, the macadamia nut cookies are "to die for". I agree!
Thanks for a wonderful time!
Karyn and David

Room Tip: Our room was excellent! Aruba Suite.
1  Thank DavidandKaryn
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary. I found Island Cottage here on Tripadvisor and decided to stay here instead of a B&B in St. Augustine. Toni and Mark are such nice people. Their B&B is quaint, immaculate, peaceful and romantic. We didn't use the pool, bikes, etc. because we spent the day in St. Augustine - which was about a 30 minute drive. There were rose petals around our jacuzzi and they made us chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary...which was very sweet of them and the strawberries were delicious. We look forward to going back again soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Barbados room.
Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I needed some R and R time. I found Island Cottage online and was so pleased with our choice. Toni and Mark upgraded our room and it was such a wonderful surprise. Toni made sure to have warm cookies each day for us. My husband had to use Mark's air compressor. We felt like family. The amenities were amazing. The beach was beautiful. It's a quiet and tropical oasis. We will be back.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Well after 5 years the place looks as immaculate and inviting as ever. Great romantic escape for couples to get some quality time in. Pool and deck are great places to start off with. Bikes are available to cruise up and down the beach or tour the quaint town. Beaches are perfect for a long strolls before your evening meal. We recommend The Tuscan Grill and ask Toni to make reservations so you can get the seating you wish. The food is fabulous. Toni & Mark go out of there way to make you feel welcomed and treat you like family. It's just a magical place to unwind.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This was a last minute booking for us as we decided to head to the Daytona area for Nascar and everything else was booked. We came in much later than planned and Mark still gave us a tour despite the late hour. The room was lovely and inviting. The word we ascribed to it was "pristine". Flowers and candles in every room and relaxing music playing upon entry just added to the ambiance. Walking on the beautiful morning sun kissed private beach after a great nights sleep was a fantastic way to start the day. Looking forward to a return visit!!!

Room Tip: They are all fabulous!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen G
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This was our first trip to Island Cottage Oceanfront and Spa and it was for our 24th anniversary getaway weekend. Toni and Valerie greeted us and made us feel very welcome. I just happened across the place while researching for a getaway spot and thought this has got to be too good to be true, being so closed to us and yet, never having heard of it.

The room was absolutely fantastic, very clean, warm and inviting. They even prepared some surprise chocolate covered strawberry and wrote a nice note about our anniversary. My wife loved that along with the fresh flowers and rose pedals around the garden tub. While we did visit in Feb, it was a little cool for the beach, but it was nice to be able to hear the waves and smell the clean ocean air and watch the sun come up in the morning.

Our visit was perfect in all ways, weather, location and company. I've recommended Island Cottage to family and friends and we are already planning our next return trip.

Thank you Toni, Valerie and Mark for making out anniversary weekend a special memory.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Aruba Penthouse Suite. Fantastic.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 12 in Flagler Beach
Suites on the Beach
Suites on the Beach
#7 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach? Share your experiences!