My husband and I researched on trip advisor and wanted to go someplace we've never been. As Florida residence we wanted to avoid all the tourist type places. We work tons of hours and just wanted down time, I hate hotels however. So we read reviews and decided on " Ocean Cottage". We ended up getting to Flagler waay early, we killed all the time I could stand ( I was trying to respect the 3:30 check in) we had reserved the Aruba Suite, we pulled in at 3:15 to find a parking space specifically for the Aruba Suite, so wonderful especially after parking experience's at St Augustine Inns. I step out of the car and a pleasant woman working by the pool said " Hi Sherry!" I was certain from that moment that this place was top notch. Valerie was that nice woman, she was the person who checked us in, gave us a tour of the very pristine property . She lead us up to our room and it was beautiful! She proceeded to give us a tour of our room, leading to the bath, and there it was.....jacuzzi tub covered in rose petals, plate of chocolate covered strawberries, and a beautiful rose with a handwritten note for a "Happy Anniversary " . Fast forward... She asked if we had dinner plans, made suggestions, made reservations for us! Made certain we received " anniversary royal treatment" at the restaurant! Toni was so sweet and made us fantastic breakfast every morning! Be sure to get the breakfast package! At the beach proper, where all the restaurants are, are very busy and crowded, her breakfast was filling and fabulous ! Well worth it especially since we hate crowds.we spent day 2 on the beautiful , quiet beach. We walked back to the inn to enjoy the pool. I barely tipped my toe In and Toni was there with a pitcher of iced tea to cool us off! The gift shop was really neat too! Bought fabulous body lotion, and regret not buying more of the " Hawaiin Ginger" soap. Valerie gave me a little sample bar along with flowers when I arranged a massage! That's how we found out she is a massage therapist! They do not push spa services, but if you ask they will let you know of the offerings. This place was very quiet, low key, perfect !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the magic of Flagler Beach at Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa, where luxuries and romance are beyond compare. The scent of fresh sea air will tantalize your senses, while fireplaces, Jacuzzis for 2, king canopy beds, heated swimming pool, beach, tropical gardens and fountains will beckon your return year-after-year! A true vortex of energy, love and romance, the atmosphere at Island Cottage sets the stage for the romantic and rejuvenating getaway of your dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Cottage Oceanfront Hotel Flagler Beach
- Island Cottage Oceanfront Hotel Cafe