Fresh off a two-day stay at Island Cottage (our first) for a little Fourth of July getaway, I couldn't wait to jump on Trip Advisor to write a review. In a nutshell it's this: Five Star ratings don't lie.
From the first moment we stepped foot on the property, Toni and Mark Treworgy were the consummate hosts! They were waiting for us and welcomed us by name with the kind of genuine warmth and familiarity usually reserved for family and close friends. At check in we received an incredible and thoughtful welcome package including directories and guides for local entertainment and events along with Toni and Mark's recommendations for the best dining options in Flagler Beach. Attached to the ribbon was a lovely pineapple glycerine soap and organza pouch full of sparkling bath crystals. Um, hello!
This of course was just a hint of what was in store for us...
Because of a cancellation, Toni upgraded us (at no charge, of course) to a bigger fancier suite - Barbados - which features a romantic tulle-swagged white iron 4-poster canopy bed; Jacuzzi tub festooned with fresh rose petals, soft candlelight, chocolate dipped strawberries, a handwritten welcome note, and a huge long-stemmed rose; a lovely corner gas log fireplace; a kitchenette that borders more toward full kitchen; an enclosed laundry area, and French doors leading to a rooftop balcony with a seating area and views of the Atlantic ocean.
There was no detail left unattended and nothing left to chance. These people know what they are doing. But you get the feeling they really are happy you're there and are so very pleased to offer you the kind of attention and service that is rarely seen today. Plus, with all their personal and lofty accomplishments, Toni and Mark are just the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. There is no pretense here. Just a remarkable genuine desire to make you feel at home and welcome.
Valerie (Toni's assistant) is also as likeminded, doting and accommodating as the owners. She is there to offer fresh towels as soon as you cross the street from the beach, help you with the gates, offer you any assistance you could possibly need - oh - and she is the in-house massage therapist in case you'd like to book a spa treatment. Next time, Valerie.
To our surprise and delight, we were treated to a sumptuous Fourth of July barbecue with an eye-popping spread of homemade delectable savory and sweet treats - wine and beer included. No charge. In the evening as we sat on their private dune walk to the beach to watch the fireworks show, Toni and Mark joined us and offered us a champagne toast following the display. What a generous final touch on an already impressive stay at Island Cottage.
If you've noticed I can't stop my run-on sentences singing the praises of Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa it's not an accident. I truly am THAT happy to share this "best kept secret" of Flagler Beach. Even though it's just an hour from our home in Ponte Vedra Beach, we truly felt like we were far away in some magical magnificent island location where the sound of steel drums softly waft through the salt scented air and instantly relax your cares away.
Thank you Toni, Mark, and Valerie. We can't wait to come back soon. Your very grateful new friends,
Larry & Alixandra Hice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the magic of Flagler Beach at Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa, where luxuries and romance are beyond compare. The scent of fresh sea air will tantalize your senses, while fireplaces, Jacuzzis for 2, king canopy beds, heated swimming pool, beach, tropical gardens and fountains will beckon your return year-after-year! A true vortex of energy, love and romance, the atmosphere at Island Cottage sets the stage for the romantic and rejuvenating getaway of your dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Island Cottage Oceanfront Inn & Spa - Flagler Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Cottage Oceanfront Hotel Flagler Beach
- Island Cottage Oceanfront Hotel Cafe