“Hidden gem”

Beach Belly Bob's Sandwich Shop
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: We are a small Breakfast and lunch sandwich shop with fresh and unique takes on classic hot sandwiches and some new ideas. All of our food is made to order.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We walked in and were quickly welcomed. It was a hot day, so we decided to eat at the counter. Inside seating is very limited. Maybe 5 seats. There are a few tables outside, which I would recommend, weather permitting. We ordered a shrimp po boy and a chicken cordon bleu sandwich, which was the special. Sandwiches don’t come with any sides, so we upgraded to a belly buster, which includes a side (pasta salad or cole slaw) and a drink. The sandwiches were delicious, although a few more shrimp would have been nice. The chicken cordon bleu was huge and my husband had to take home half of it. The sides were disappointing, for homemade salads, would not recommend them. They don’t do fries here. Breakfast is available until closing time, which is 2 pm. We tried this place because I had a restaurant.com certificate, and I’m glad we did. We will be back.

Robert G, Owner at Beach Belly Bob's Sandwich Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. My sides are made fresh daily and they are different than the usual as you saw everything is different than the norm. Sorry that you didn't care for them but we do have chips and hash brown potato cakes. As far as the shrimp I put 8 jumbo shrimp in each 8inch sandwich which is still priced at only $9.00. Come back in sometime and for 1.50 more I will extra size it! I hope to see you guys again real soon. Thanks again for coming in.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm only in Daytona 3-4 months of the year but always look forward to getting back so I can visit Beach Belly's and get "The Flagler". I admit when I first read the description, it sounded a bit odd for a sandwich but the flavors Bob brings together in this thing are amazing. I just got back to Daytona this year and headed up today with a friend and we both had The Flagler and just "YUMMY". (The Beach Bum is a close 2nd).

Bob and "Old" Bob are so welcoming and friendly as well and sitting out in the beautiful sun with the ocean across the street is a lovely way to spend a bit of time enjoying some great food. The food is all cooked to order so if I'm pushed for time, I call ahead and it's hot and ready and waiting when I get there so just sit and tuck in.

1  Thank tstev22

Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate that you look forward to coming in. We do what we do because of customers like you. I hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It took a moment to find this literal "hole in the wall," but it was well worth it. As we ate there, a parade of locals came to pick up their carry-out food. We had the "catch of the day" fish and shrimp - all breaded and fried. Mine was covered with shoestring onion rings. The food was generous and flavorful. The dining area and service is more short-order and utilitarian, but all we needed to enjoy the dinner. If you are looking for a local seafood place, this is a great place.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Set your GPS and keep looking closely. You will be rewarded for your efforts. If you want a good and interesting breakfast or a killer lunch sandwich, This is the place! My wife read about it here on trip advisor and the excellent reviews were not exaggerated. We shared one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten in my life! The staff of two is quite a team, funny and entertaining, but take there food seriously. Warning, they are only open from 7:30 to 3:00 pm. The place is small, very small, but the food is AAA+

Robert G, Owner at Beach Belly Bob's Sandwich Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you so much! We do love what we do here and I hope that you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Best breakfast on our vacation. Totally awesome atmosphere watching the beach at a tiny little sandwich shop. Chef and assistant were delightful! We all had different sandwiches so we tried them all! Perfection! Great food!

Robert G, Owner at Beach Belly Bob's Sandwich Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

I hope you will come back to see us when you come back! Thanks again!