“Nice place to relax.”
Review of Beach Front Motel

Beach Front Motel
Ranked #9 of 12 Flagler Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights Labor Day weekend, just for a quick last minute getaway from Lake Mary. This is not a fancy luxury property. If that's what you're looking for, you don't need to bother even with the Flagler Beach area. But if you just want to relax, have some drinks, and decent reasonably priced food, then this is perfect. The property is across the street from the beach, and it has no pool. We had room Number 2 with a King size bed. The linens and mattresses seem a little old and worn out, but generally clean, and comfortable enough. I was worried about that so I brought my own pillow and blanket and was glad I did. My husband was not bothered at all by the motel items. The room has a fridge, a toaster oven, a microwave, and a coffee pot. And an old fashioned TV that was fine for when we were in the room, which was really only to sleep. You can bring your dog to this hotel which I know is important to many people. We walked to Martins and to Oceanside to eat several times. These two restaurants are maybe a half mile south of the motel and are reasonably priced and have good food. To the north, you may want to drive, to the pier or to Finns, a fun rooftop bar with great ocean views.We had a great time in a neat area where you don't have dress up, and there are no pretentious snobs putting on airs as you might fine elsewhere.

Room Tip: I guess if you rally want a view of the water from your room you need to be upstairs (no elevator) a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beach Front Motel

Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel two years ago and loved it. Yes, it is just a simple, no-frills hotel, but being across the street from the beach and clean and quiet, we loved it. The $49.00 a night rate was perfect for what was offered. However, we went again this last weekend for my husband's birthday and we were brokenhearted. We were psyched for a wonderful overnight stay and it turned out to be a fiasco. We had a first floor room between what appeared to be two extended stay couples who were loud, smokers with dogs. The recycle bins scattered on both floors were full of beer bottles. We spent the day at the beach and came back to our room for a nap in the afternoon but were awakened by the maid who tried to come into our room at 4:30 pm even though we yelled to her that the room was occupied. Our neighbors made such a racket we couldn't sleep. Finally, my husband went to the manager and asked to be moved upstairs. The manager gave him attitude and said he didn't want to move us. My husband insisted and we got a room right above the noisy neighbors. This room turned out to be marginally better. However, the sheets were so worn we could feel the mattress beneath it and during the night, I woke up with the bottom sheet pulled off and my leg touching the bare mattress which was older than I was. In the tub was a long, black hair that did not belong to my husband or I. I freaked out. All we expected was a decently clean hotel room and it turned out to be disgusting. In addition to that, we payed $64.00 for the privilege of being there. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank melonspea
Reviewed 8 August 2011

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel with all the bells and whistles then this place is not for you. If you are looking for a traditional old beach front motel where all the people are welcoming then this place is perfect! The people who run this motel could not have been more friendly and accomodating. I think they truely want everyone to have a great, relaxing stay. The room was spacious and clean and everything was in working order. Yes, things were older but who cares...we were at the beach! We chose this motel because we were bringing our two dogs and needed a place where they were welcome. The motel is located in a a part of the town where dogs are allowed on the beach so all we had to do was cross the street and walk out onto the beach. Our dogs, as well as us, had a great time. We will be going back to this motel next spring when we plan our next visit to Florida to visit our son.

Room Tip: The room with the king bed was very spacious
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ToesInTheSandgirl
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Enjoyed it thoroughly. A little older (it is a pet friendly place - though we did not bring pets). If you are looking for super clean, this is not for you. There were beach chairs, and beach umbrellas we could borrow, and our son even borrowed and used a bogie board too. We stayed there two days, microwaved our TV dinners and just enjoyed the beach. Saw dolphins and osprey catching fish, and all kinds of other birds. Beach is not crowded at all, which we loved. Owners are friendly. Bathroom is very small though. Dorm size refridgerator plus the microwave wraps it up.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Beach Front Motel. You couldn't ask for a better location, the staff was friendly and I felt safe as a woman traveling alone. It had a bed, A/C, cable, and hot water. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank kvern65
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the Beach Front Motel and it was a wonderful stay!! You absolutely can not beat the price for the location and comfort. The motel is directly across the road from the beach. You can stand on the balcony outside your room and see the beach/ocean. The rooms are older, but remodeled. The room appeared to be freshly tiled and painted. Furniture was very nice. Room was very clean and staff were attentive and nice. Looking forward to going back and staying a little longer!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2010

We have stayed at the beachfront many times over the years and we have always enjoyed our stay. If you want to get out of the rat race and see the original Florida stay here, if you want room service and overpriced hotels stay somewhere else. We will be back again soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
#4 of 12 in Flagler Beach
A1A Motel
A1A Motel
#5 of 12 in Flagler Beach

Been to Beach Front Motel? Share your experiences!